Chapter 244: Typewriter (1)

In this world, 'writing' may resemble English, but the 'context' itself is no different from Korean. The reason I quickly grasped the languages of this world was that despite the languages being different, the context remained the same. If you just memorize the language, that's the end of it.

The reason I said that if typewriters were invented, the work speed would double was also because of this. Since the context is the same, I could just type as I imagine, and it would be done.

Language issue? Once you get used to it, it becomes meaningless. Even in my past life, when I typed in English instead of Korean, I struggled a bit, but after adapting, I could use it as naturally as water flowing.

And that fits perfectly with the current situation. This machine I received from Gartz, could be called a typewriter and a copier. If you turn it on and type, hologram-like characters appear in the air, and if there's paper, you can print those characters.

A creation specialized in magic and with craftsmanship rivaling dwarves, made only by the demon race, who are adept at both magic and craftsmanship, exclusively for writing.

Gartz told me to call this machine whatever I wanted. When I asked why I, not the creator, should name it, he said it was solely for me. So, I simply named it 'Typewriter.' It might seem ordinary, as I brought up a name from my past life, but Gartz was pleased. Despite being a simple typewriter, its performance surpasses technology by leaps and bounds.

It's a piece that could transcend the industrial era and fit right into the modern age, even if it's claimed to be mixed with magic. Despite that, its performance is unbelievable. Thanks to it, I've come to realize the potential of magic in this world and what outcomes the demons might cause if they decide to.

Especially for something like a typewriter, it's akin to giving me wings. It's not an empty statement—I can release a book every two weeks while juggling my studies. During breaks, I might write continuously and publish every ten days. After all, until now, I've been steadily releasing one every month, all handwritten.

Above all, the best part is being able to upgrade its performance through Gartz. If I express a desire for certain features based on memories from my past life, Gartz would immediately return to Helium and add those functions.

At first, the keys for numbers were oddly placed, and the backspace was similar. But after various suggestions, a typewriter very similar to my past one was born. It's called a typewriter, but it's almost just a keyboard.

The only downside is the key pressure. They seem to have set the key pressure very low, considering my finger fatigue, but that also means I often press the wrong keys.

Still, it's much better than writing by hand. It's a bit of an indulgence to have that crisp sound, like a mechanical keyboard.

Nevertheless, the typewriter, born after numerous improvements, has significantly increased my work speed. I've already typed about half, so I've used the typewriter for the remaining portion.

Ta-tatata ta-tata

The distinct typing noise of the typewriter gradually filled the dormitory. At the same time, the characters I'm typing startede lining up in front of my eyes.

Although this typewriter works on scientific principles, it's mostly crafted through magic, so the noise isn't that loud.

The key feel is just a sensation of 'pressing,' and otherwise, it's quite plain. Despite improvements based on my advice, it has many shortcomings as a prototype.

However, as mentioned earlier, the existence of a typewriter alone is advanced technology. The significant influence of magic, rather than machinery, adds value to the typewriter.