Chapter 265: Soft Power (2)

The highlight of the exhibition, the performance, will start precisely at 8 p.m. The previous exhibition only had a makeshift stage and was held outdoors, but now proper buildings were neatly erected.

Thanks to the extensive support from the Minerva Empire the scale was quite large. According to what I heard from my father, it can accommodate up to about ten thousand people.

I wondered if I would be able to properly see the performance, but considering some of the performances I've seen in my past life, it's not entirely impossible. I even heard that they provide binoculars for those with poor eyesight or for those seated in the back rows if they want them.

Even in my past life, binoculars were quite expensive, so how were they here where scientific technology is less developed? Fortunately, lenses, including glasses, have been developed and can exist, but if not, it would have been a headache.

But there's no avoiding the fact that they are terribly expensive. Even with lenses, they have to be made by hand without the help of machines, so the price of portable binoculars is so high that it makes you tremble.

The Minerva Empire is giving away those binoculars for free. It's typical of a country overflowing with money, or rather, one that compensates for everything with money.

Of course, since they're expensive, they've placed one at each seat and secured them with magic to prevent casual theft. By the way, they received assistance from demons for the magic.

They said if anyone tries to extract or take away the binoculars secretly, an alarm will sound, so there's no need to worry about theft.

All that's left is for many people to watch the performances prepared. They explained that commoners can watch the performance on the first floor, while nobles can enjoy it from the second floor.

My family, friends, and I will be seated in the front row of the suitable second floor. The rest of the VIPs will find their own seats.

'How impressive will it be?'

Cecily was so confident, I wonder just how amazing the performance will be. Since it's a collaboration between the Matrics Troupe and the Rirus Orchestra, as with the previous exhibition, expectations were high.

Moreover, the more I listen to her explanations, the more memories from my past life surfaced. It was one of humanity's most popular cultures across the world.

If special effects including explosions are handled by magic, and even recording is replaced by magic, then nothing seems impossible to produce. Especially considering there are numerous instances where performances rival movies, even within the confined environment of a stage, like with the Matrics Troupe.

However, it should never be compared to my previous life. In my past life, decades of accumulated expertise enabled the creation of various masterpieces and this was their first attempt with Helium's comprehensive support.

Comparing the cultural zenith of Earth to the culture of this world, which has only just begun to bloom, would be truly a cruel act.

So let's watch the performance with an appreciative mindset. Guiding Cecily and Arwen was the priority for now.

"Well, I'll look forward to the performance tonight."

"It will probably be a performance you won't forget for a lifetime."

It was 6 p.m., and the sun was gradually disappearing beyond the horizon. Arwen left to handle dinner arrangements.

I suggested having dinner together at the mansion, but she politely declined, shaking her head. She insisted that if she went, it would definitely create an awkward situation.