Chapter 245: Typewriter (2)

The news that the publisher's CEO, Musk, intends to purchase a temple might already be known to you. He planned to merge the temple and the publishing house, not as a joke but for the safety of himself and his employees.

Although he is a money-driven individual who even engages in tax evasion, surprisingly, his principles are firmly grounded. Moreover, considering the era, tax evasion can be a forgivable offense with the right bribes paid to those in authority.

If this were within the royal court, Musk's head would have rolled long ago. However, he holds a formidable shield named 'Xenon's Biography' that protects him. It's challenging to touch him, even if one desires to.

If Musk had been blinded by money and indulged in all sorts of villainy, Isaac would have severed ties immediately. However, Musk wasn't someone who went that far.

Instead, he invested in the printing press to enhance the spread of the 'Xenon's Biography' and amassed a fortune akin to nobility.

Yet, after being attacked by devil worshippers, he realized one thing – that's the value of life.

No matter how much money one has, losing one's life renders it all meaningless. Musk's truth, his enlightenment, was realized only after narrowly escaping death, from the brink of a fatal crisis.

Did he only think about his own safety? That's not true. Since establishing the publishing company, he has also been concerned about the employees who have experienced various hardships.

Even though those concerns were coming from a somewhat selfish direction. It's much better now to invest heavily in hiring and nurturing new employees than to do so later.

Money can solve many things, but time is hard to buy. Especially considering the uproar that would occur if Xenon's Biography was to continue to come out, experienced employees were not just a choice but a necessity.

So, the proposal to buy a temple with money, though it seems absurd, turned out to be acceptable.

The publishing company, which made a contract with Xenon, who saved the world from the threat of devils, hoped that Luminous would also approve.

Matthew and the other employees initially looked at Musk with a disdainful expression, but after careful consideration, they all agreed because every word he said was true.

However, even Musk, unexpected variables were present.

"You mean it's not possible?"

"Unfortunately, that's correct. While we would like to build a temple according to Musk's request, it seems difficult due to the scrutiny of other denominations."

That was none other than the existence of denominations other than Luminous. Musk's plan itself might seem absurd to anyone, but it was brilliant enough to warrant the term 'genius.'

However, in worldly affairs, there are countless variables. In this world, besides Luminous, there are other gods.

Most humans worship Luminous, but there are countries like Helium that adopt Mora as their national religion, and Makina and Animers worship Harte.

Finally, Alvenheim is currently divided by ethnic groups, but all three religions are worshiped there. This is practically a very difficult matter.

If Xenon's Biography is released within the Luminous Temple, other religions will inevitably oppose it. Especially since Xenon's Biography is about the redemption of devils, it will cause a stir in Helium.

This situation was not Isaac's decision but Musk's arbitrary act, and the aftermath that will come back will be so huge that an individual cannot bear it. Even if the Minerva Empire were to protect him, it would still be burdensome.