Chapter 255: Noble (2)

After hearing not just complaints but harsh criticism from my father, I was not only troubled by my conscience but also taken aback. Although I had requested Rina to handle the situation delicately, she had already warned me that the chances of success were slim, so I was prepared for it.

However, look at the current outcome. Not only did I get a request for guidance from the Empire, but now Helium and Alvenheim have been added to the mix. In fact, there's no issue with Cecily. I had informed her about the situation between me and Hiriya, so she would have requested it to protect me.

The problem lies with Alvenheim, namely, Arwen. I never informed Arwen about the situation, yet an official request for guidance has arrived. I wondered if Cecily had subtly informed her, but she had no reason to do so, especially considering Cecily's usual disdain towards Arwen.

So, there's only one possibility left. Arwen genuinely requested guidance from me for pure reasons. In other words, unlike the previous exhibition, she is planning to visit our territory 'officially.' Arwen's attendance at the exhibition should be expected to have tremendous repercussions, especially since she is the only connection to Xenon, excluding the publisher Musk.

Musk, being just an ordinary publisher, can be potentially pressured. However, what he desires the most is money, and Xenon's Biography brings in profits. So, there is no reason for him to reveal it to others. Even if threatened, he laughed it off and utilized the formidable backing of Xenon's Biography.

I, too, hinted at a desire for a friendly connection through a letter, as I found his charisma and resourcefulness appealing.

Because of this, it is difficult to interfere with or persuade Musk. What he desires most he gets through Xenon's Biography, and interfering was challenging with Xenon as a reliable supporter.

However, Arwen's situation was slightly different. She is the queen of Alvenheim, in other words, a ruler of a nation. Due to the nature of the crowded exhibitions, Arwen is bound to be bothered. In running a country, 'diplomacy' takes up more than half of the work unless it's an isolationist nation.

Since Arwen is known as a link to Xenon, she will probably be willing to compromise quite a lot with me rather than apply additional pressure. It's obvious that she will go to great lengths to appear good to me.

'I wonder how Hiriya will react.'

Will Hiriya not care, or will she anxiously make an effort to look good?

Even if guidance was requested at the kingdom level, it won't be a chaotic rush. Each country will probably send one representative.

Thinking deeply and then turning to my tired father, I asked.

"Do we know who is coming from Helium and Alvenheim? And from the Empire and the Kingdom?"

"For now, Princess Rina from our empire, and Princess Hiriya from the Ters Kingdom."

So far, it went as I expected. However, what my father said next surprised me.

"And for a reason that 'your help is also needed during the exhibition', the empire only requested for 2 hours."

"2 hours?"

"Yes. So you don't have to worry about losing your time."

Upon hearing those words, I couldn't help but think that Rina handled the situation well. Since the Minerva Empire had shown 'consideration' for me, the other side had no choice but to follow suit.

It's what they call image-making. Honestly, even if Rina bossed me around as she pleased, no one around us would say anything. Rina was the princess of the empire, and I was the second son of a baron. Only on the surface, of course. But in such a world, things like that would pass without much comment.