Chapter 239: Magnificent (4)

When does a person feel 'shame'?

When the other person insults them? That's correct.

When their weaknesses are exposed to the world? That's also true.

When they feel unnecessary embarrassment from observing someone else's actions? That's also true.

Each person experiences shame or embarrassment in different ways.

However, just as one cannot retrieve words once spoken, many experience shame after blurting out anything just to win an argument.

Realizing later, but just as I said a moment ago, once spoken, words cannot be taken back. Such situations often result in what's commonly referred to as 'throwing a blanket over it.'

Moreover, if the words spoken were particularly sensitive in a relationship between a man and a woman? If they unexpectedly popped out?

"Uh... Arwen?"

"··· ···"

The Queen of Alvenheim, even if she ruled over the elves, couldn't bear the overwhelming embarrassment and hid her body. That's exactly how Arwen was right now. She bravely made a statement announcing Elvish communism, but after a brief silence, she immediately hid.

Where? Under the blanket. So embarrassed that she didn't even think about it not being her own blanket, she promptly covered herself entirely without hesitation. Afterward, she climbed onto the bed, wrapping herself tightly like a silkworm, ignoring my cautious calls without a response.

'This is just...'

I smiled awkwardly, observing Arwen wrapped in a blanket on the bed.

The initial silence just wouldn't fade away. Her statement about wanting to share a bed with me echoed as if it were an unforgettable illusion. What followed was as everyone had expected. Realizing the situation belatedly, her face turned crimson, and became a blanket silkworm

It's embarrassing even for the listener, but how would she feel? Thanks to that, her feelings could be understood perfectly. Somehow, I couldn't help but think she was like a child. However, that too was a trap that fit Arwen's appearance extremely well.

Yet, if this continues, Arwen might never emerge from under the blanket. I must somehow soothe the situation to prevent this awkward moment from lingering any further.

Glancing at Cecily discreetly, she was sitting there with one corner of her mouth upturned in a helpless expression.

Arwen felt a sense of embarrassment and was visibly squirming inwardly, while Cecily stood there in utter bewilderment, unable to utter a word. Cesily's expression, one of disbelief, seemed as if she was seeing something for the first time.

"C-come on, Arwen?"

"··· ···"

"Arwen, say something."

Even after calling her name several times, Arwen didn't even flinch. Wondering if I had called too softly, I climbed onto the bed. As I did, Arwen, wrapped tightly in the blanket like a silkworm cocoon, visibly twitched.

Though she might not have heard any sound, she must have felt the vibrations and realized that I had approached. After a while, she brought what seemed like her head out from the blanket and reluctantly spoke.

"That's my blanket. Are you planning to keep doing that?"

"······!"

Flutter!

The words seemed quite provocative to Arwen at that moment, as the edge of the blanket fluttered, covering her face. I closed my eyes tightly, waiting for her to completely emerge from the blanket.