Chapter 253: Vacation Again (5)

While carefully collecting scattered fruit pieces around me, I had one certainty. The reason my father met my mother was undoubtedly based on her formidable strength.

Even for an ordinary adult, let alone a trained adult man, crushing fruit barehanded is extremely difficult. Again, I emphasize, not cutting but crushing.

It's challenging for even the most skilled experts to make fruit burst out as if it were crushed by some press. Is it possible in a fantasy world? From what I've heard, my mother has never engaged in any training. According to my father, she was a simple country girl.

The hypothesis that my mother was influenced while sharing affection with my father seems the most plausible, but I didn't bother to inquire. The most urgent matter was the 20th volume of Xenon's Biography.

If I release the 20th volume without modifying the story, that fruit could become an allegory for my future. However, I can't change the story like that. In the 20th volume, Jin is pierced through the chest by Beelzebub, but he doesn't completely die. It serves as a foundation for the very common 'awakening' cliche.

Why? It's a story where another presence within awakens in a moment of crisis and saves the protagonist. Especially since Jin is a hybrid of human and demon, different from other demons, I scattered hints throughout the Xenon's Biography. So, Jin won't die right away.

Although whether I can survive until the 21st volume is questionable. If my mother decides to target me, taking a brief refuge might not be a bad choice.

"What are you thinking about?"

Suddenly, my mother, who had washed her hands and sat back down, asked me a question. While gazing at the fruit pieces I had carefully gathered, I quietly opened my mouth.

I almost spilled the contents of the 20th volume that were in my mind, but I managed to suppress it.

"I didn't know you were this strong, Mom. How can you burst fruit with just one hand?"

"It's just the basics."

"If that's basic, I'm in big trouble."

My not-so-serious joke made my mother cover her mouth with her hand and smile gracefully.

"I'm just kidding. Where I lived, there weren't many people, so everyone helped with all kinds of work, regardless of gender. I had to do everything from milking cows to carrying hunted animals. Oh, I even moved a bear once."

"...Didn't you like writing when you were young?"

"That's separate from work."

Although she said that, talent doesn't change. Some people work hard until they die, and their strength remains the same, since simply doing manual labor doesn't increase strength.

Perhaps Nicole's innate strength was not inherited from my Father.

I, too, underwent a belated transformation. Despite receiving only basic knight training, my stamina was exceptional.

Knock knock

"It's Adelia. May I come in?"

Around the time when I was dwelling on mother's past and talents, Adelia knocked on the door. It seemed like she had freshened herself up and changed into clean clothes.

When mother permitted her to enter, Adelia, dressed casually, revealed herself. Despite changing clothes, she still wore a shirt and leather pants. It seemed she hadn't given much thought to what to wear, probably because she didn't expect to meet my mother.

"Come in. Sit next to Isaac."

"Yes. Understood."

Adelia moved in accordance with mother's instructions. I observed her expression as she approached. Her face seemed slightly tense, probably anticipating what the conversation might entail. It was evident from her tightly sealed lips.