Chapter 227: Book 17 (2)

The 17th volume portrays the intimate romance between Jin and Lily, while unfolding events occurring within the Holy Kingdom. Although the Holy Kingdom was originally favorable to the alliance's establishment, upon hearing the news of having to unite with demons, they refused. The reason is simple and clear: demons can turn into devils at any moment.

(TL: Clarification, Holy Kingdom in the book and Holy Kingdom Xavier in Isaacs world are spelled differently and it would be more accurate to call Xavier a 'Theocracy' but I don't want to change it now. Thus I will try to use Xavier instead of 'Holy Kingdom' Xavier when possible to avoid confusion.)

As mentioned before, even if the readers knew, the characters in the book didn't directly witness Sakran's noble sacrifice. Only a few priests who witnessed his final moments treat demons as humans, the upper echelons remain unchanged. Even Jin, who had served as Lily's guardian knight since childhood, finds himself in a situation of suspicion. While Jin himself was accustomed to such discrimination, the circumstances make it frustrating.

Moreover, the veterans tend to grow stagnant, and unfortunately, the cardinals, all of whom were aged elders, further slowed down progress.

Afterward, Jin and Lily postponed the formation of the Allied Forces and headed to an inn for the night... Only to be attacked without doing anything. The clues regarding the mastermind behind the attackers are found thereafter, concluding Volume 17.

Because hints and clues about the mastermind have been scattered throughout, someone with good deduction skills could easily realize who the culprit is. Anyway, all truths will be revealed in Volume 18, so there's no issue.

[Xavier's Holy See assures that the contents are unrelated to Xenon's Biography under the name of Luminous.]

This was the 'declaration' released by Xavier's Holy See as soon as Volume 17 emerged.

Yeah, it's nothing but a declaration. Since they were the first ones to claim that Xenon's Biography is a prophecy, that Xenon is a 'regressor' or something, it's natural they'd be rattled.

Amidst the diminishing discriminatory views towards demons, Helium now possessed enough power from the perspective of other nations to make them drool.

Not only exceptional in dwarf-level item crafting ability but also possessing a force with each individual demon comparable to tactical weaponry.

Each of these aspects was a sweet fruit, and since the nation of Helium possesses them all, it'd result in significant loss if anyone were to view it unfavorably.

However, due to its characteristic as a 'Holy Nation,' even if criticized from within Helium, it might not suffer significant damage. But from the perspective of other nations, they'd need to tread cautiously.

[Demonkind in the book is still discriminated against. That's why the emotions are more poignant.]

[An attack on the Saintess, especially an attack within the Holy See, is by no means normal.]

[Is there a secret battle happening within the Holy See?]

(TL: I just learned the Holy See is a thing.)

Readers began to question and analyze the part about them being attacked. After all, the Saintess should receive as much favor within the Church as the Pope himself, so the attack raised doubts. Consequently, Xavier found itself in a precarious situation. They not only had to provide explanations, but they also emphatically stated that such a thing could never happen under the name of Luminous.

Even though this scandal involving the church exploded to the point where readers were quite skeptical, it's a nation established for the sake of the 'god,' so they chose to overlook it, at least temporarily.