Chapter 259: Eventful (1)

In my past life drunk driving was almost akin to attempted murder, but in this world, there wasn't even proper traffic law, let alone drunk driving laws. Even the only means of transportation, a carriage, was merely taxed; the driver being drunk wasn't considered a problem.

Furthermore, given that society is as it is, the perspective on alcohol consumption is both lenient and strict, and post-drinking crimes are similar. Even if one commits a crime while drunk, the focus is solely on that crime, rather than addressing the issue of drinking itself.

For example, let's say a person who drank heavily suddenly assaulted someone in a fit of rage. The law focuses solely on the assault, disregarding the issue of alcohol consumption as an exception.

Consequently, it's common to joke that one would wake up in jail after sobering up from drinking. In other words, it implies that it's extremely difficult to impose punishment for drunk driving, and compensation for damages is considered a relatively appropriate penalty.

Ains himself seemed to acknowledge his wrongdoing willingly, but the problem was that he was severely short of money. This was the case for other dwarves as well. This led to a difficult situation, but the solution was quite simple. It was to deploy Ains and three other dwarves to the construction site. It was a time when labor was needed, and dwarves could be trusted, so the situation was smoothly resolved.

Instead, it was decided that the car would be kept under our family's supervision until the end of the exhibition. It was placed in the mansion's yard to prevent any potential theft.

Thus, a tumultuous day passed, and the next morning dawned.

"Isaac~"

"Ah, Cecily Noona."

As the morning sun rose, Cecily arrived at our mansion. As always, she was accompanied by her bodyguard, Gartz, who silently nodded his head upon seeing me.

Gartz was dressed in ordinary attire as he had always been seen so far, but Cecily, as expected, did not disappoint. She wore the black dress I had seen in Helium, which not only exposed her shoulders but also revealed about half of her large chest, adorned with frills.

It expressed both sexiness and sensuality while flawlessly revealing Cecily's seductive charm. Although we were already intimately acquainted, every time Cecily wore such a provocative dress, it felt like going back to the first time we met.

It meant there was nowhere else to look.

Moreover, Marie, who wore a modest dress with almost no exposure at this exhibition, made the comparison even more apparent. However, it's not to say that Marie was inferior to Cecily; they both had distinct characteristics.

While Cecily exuded sexiness and sensuality, Marie displayed innocence and purity, much like the color of her hair.

In reality, both Marie and Cecily had their ways of captivating attention, but let's move on from that.

"You came later than I expected. Was something going on?"

"Yeah. I had to upgrade the typewriter, and there was someone I had to meet."

"Someone you had to meet?"

I raised an eyebrow. If it was someone the princess of Helium had to meet, then surely it was someone significant.

And the person Cecily mentioned was enough to surprise me slightly.

"Yeah. Have you heard of Scar? The director of the Matrics Troupe."

"Of course, I know him. Did you meet him?"

"In fact, since the last exhibition, he's been supported at a national level. And he was preparing a large project for this exhibition. You'll probably be surprised when you see it."