Chapter 237: Magnificent (2)

Before the serious clash between them began, Arwen brought up what had been happening in her life. Most of it was about the tight schedule, the hardships due to not getting rest time, the difficulty in clearing up the mess left by the council, and more.

Most notably, there was a significant shortage of talent. Arwen wanted to pull resources from the council, but it seemed risky due to most of them being elder elves.

In the unlikely event that a second council emerged, it would be just as troublesome, so Arwen was handling all the work alone for now. Fortunately, thanks to the events surrounding Xenon, there were no signs of a second council forming, and the operation in Alvenheim was proceeding smoothly.

The considerable increase in support for Arwen after the public speech to the nation was one reason, but more than anything, it was the connection between Arwen and the Xenon's Biography's author that played a significant role.

Especially after the contamination of the World Tree, there was a Xenon craze among the elves. The fact that their queen was connected to Xenon led to inevitable rising support. Along with this, neighboring countries began efforts to interact with Alvenheim in any way possible, starting from major powers like the Minerva Empire and the Ters Kingdom to smaller nations.

Thanks to these efforts, Alvenheim's national power was increasing by the day. Despite feeling like she needed ten bodies to cope with the situation, Arwen said she was happy every day because it was the dream she had been envisioning.

"Listening to it alone feels exhausting, doesn't it?"

To my ears, the workload was so excessive that it made me gag, but the final decision-making power undoubtedly belongs to the queen, so the workload could only be staggering. Particularly now, Alvenheim is in its adolescence. The Council of Elders, a symbol of Alvenheim, has vanished, and Arwen, backed by the people, holds strong royal authority.

Naturally, the workload must be beyond imagination, with Arwen alone bearing it all, which worries me. Arwen seemed to notice my expression, responding with a reassuring, gentle voice and a slight smile.

"Don't worry about that. I get a solid four hours of sleep each day."

"Is that okay?"

It reminded me that Cindy, for the sake of writing her thesis, stayed up for days on end without sleeping, resulting in her characteristic slurred speech and trademark dark circles under her eyes.

Unlike humans who encounter problems if they go without sleep for over two days, elves can stay awake for several days without major issues. However, their condition noticeably deteriorates, and except for specific professions, they tend to sleep for at least seven hours a day.

"It's alright. Using a sleep-inducing spell immediately resolves any problems."

"Is there such a spell? That's the first time I've heard of it."

"We elves use magic in our daily lives, so there are various spells like this one. Apart from sleep magic, there are spells to relax tense muscles or enhance concentration."

"Hmm..."

I listened to the story and glanced over at Cecily, with a question about whether there was such magic among the demons.

As Cecily and I made eye contact, she smiled and then confidently spoke. It seems that demons are more than capable of performing such magic.

"That level of magic is basic. Demons are not inferior to elves when it comes to magic. Magical abilities that are helpful in daily life are already widespread among us."