49-50

Chapter 49 The Forty-ninth Day of the Tool Man

"...So, I will probably disappear for a while. I heard that there is a barrier in the Conjuration Master's School, and you have to register for entry and exit, which will be a bit troublesome, so our department My arrangement is to stay within the barrier as much as possible and not go out at will." Hiiraeiji, who was sitting in the cooking room, explained to the three of them.

After receiving the undercover mission, Hiiraeiji made an appointment with Matsuda Jinpei, Morofushi Kagemitsu and Hagiwara Kenji just like the first time. Hearing that the squad leader was already preparing for a wedding recently, Hiiraeiji did not disturb him. Then he told the three of them his new mission as briefly as possible.

It's nothing more than going to a remote mountain somewhere in Tokyo for a period of expatriation.

At Hiiraeisi, he noticed that the faces of the three people had darkened visibly. He quickly added: "But this mission is completely different from the previous one. I participated in it with my real identity, and I can also keep in touch with the outside world. And the reason is that it is officially settled in a school in the world of magic. It can be regarded as a cooperative teaching between the two parties. It is really just a long-term assignment."

...This is completely a shadow of his previous mission! That's why when they saw him leaving the Metropolitan Police Department, their expressions all changed.

Of course, what Hiiragi Eiji told the three of them was only on the surface. His real purpose is to collect illegal operations in the magic world and dig into their hidden secrets. But this cannot be said.

The so-called spells can also be regarded as special abilities, but unlike those with supernatural powers, spellcasters have to fight something called a curse, and the world of the spells college is covered with a solid barrier. It is said that It will resist the invasion of curses.

After entering the magic world, Hiiragi Eiji will probably face some unexpected situations, such as encountering a monster called a curse because of contact with people in this world. Considering his safety issues, the people above asked him to stay in the magic world as much as possible. within bounds.

Judging from the previous reactions of these three people, it seems that they cannot tell the truth about the dangers of the magic world. Hiiraeiji secretly muttered in his heart.

Even if they want to check, people who are not from the relevant departments probably won't be able to find any information. After all, the magic world can be said to be completely isolated from the world, and it is difficult for outsiders to peek into what is going on.

But because of this, Hiiraeiji felt the official sense of urgency. Although there are many people with supernatural powers in the world, the government also has a special special agent department with special powers. Looking back at the magicians, the government really has no reserves. On the surface, the magic world is dependent on the government, but they have long been independent and have completely isolated external forces. It is no wonder that the government has tolerated it for so many years. Finally, I couldn't help but secretly set up a special planning department to deal with the magic world.

There was another reason that Hiiraeiji didn't say to the three of them.

That is... the higher-ups are worried that there are hidden dangers in him from the black organization.