8

It had been about a week, and me and Jace had been spending awfully a lot of time together. It seemed like I was getting to know the side of Jace that nobody knew.

Things had cleared up with Johnny's homeboys but I had no where else to go since Asia was through with me. She still wasn't responding to my texts either.

I decided to stay at Jace's crib since he didn't mind.

Me and Jace had even exchanged gifts for Christmas. He had even gotten me a car for Christmas and I had given him a rolex watch and some other shit.

I was in my room scrolling on my phone when I got the call.

I answered putting it on speaker phone cause I was alone and Jace was out doing something. God knows what.

"What's up, Nuke?" I asked.

"I got some bad news, Sin. Ion know how you gonna feel about it. You alone?" Nuke asked.

"Yea. What is it?" I asked as I started to get nervous a little.

"Veronica in the hospital right now, they just told me and Carlissa that she passed out. Doctors don't know what it is yet." Nuke said.

"What?" I said standing up and getting dressed.

Nuke just kept explaining. I grabbed my keys and went outside getting into my car.

I drove to the location of the hospital they were at.

Once I got in the building I asked them the room number and showed them my ID.

They gave me a sticker and sent me on my way.

A few moments later I was in the hospital room where I saw Veronica. It looked like she was sleeping.

Nuke and Carlissa were sitting in the corner looking at me.

I stood there for a minute and everything started to make sense... why she lost so much weight and why she was unrecognizable. It was because she was sick.

I ran up to her laying my head on her lap and started to cry. I began to regret everything that I said and did.

As much as I hated her she was still my mother and we did have a lot of good times. She was there for me when I was a kid atleast. I appreciated her for that.

As I continued crying I felt a hand on my back.

I looked up seeing Veronica looking down at me.

"I'm sorry, momma. I don't hate you. " I said as I began to cry even more. " I'm sorry ff-for everything. I didn't know." I said as I started to stumble on my words.

"I'm sorry too Sin. I'm gonna be alright, I'm strong. I'll get better.... And whenever I do we can work on building a better relationship between us two." Veronica said.

"Okay. I love you, mom. " I said as I sniffled.

"I love you, too." Veronica said.

"Remember when we used to bake cookies and have little tea parties ?" Veronica asked as her eyes began to tear up.

Those were the good times. I was maybe 5 or 6 when we used to do those things.

She was completely sober and she didn't do drugs at all.

We would bake cookies and drink tea. I would wear one of her wigs and we would pretend that we were rich old white women.

I teared up as I started to laugh " You used to have me wearing them granny ass wigs. Momma you knew you was dead wrong. "