9

I woke up with a strong headache.

"Fuck." I whispered to myself.

I always got strong headaches whenever I was going through stress.

I got up grabbing the water bottle that was on the bedside.

I opened it taking a sip and got up groaning.

I made my way into the bathroom and undressed getting into the shower.

After I finished, I dried my body and got dressed.

I went downstairs to grab something to eat.

On my way to the kitchen I saw Jace on the couch in the living room.

He was on his phone looking at something. I quickly looked away.

I fixed me a bowl of cereal and sat at the dining table and began to eat.

Jace walked in the kitchen getting his bowl of cereal as well and sat in front of me.

We didn't make eye contact or anything and just ate in complete silence.

When I was done, I rinsed my bowl and placed it back in the cabinet and grabbed my phone heading out the door.

I decided that I was going to visit my mom at the hospital to make sure she was okay.

When I got to the hospital I went through the same process as last time, showing my ID and giving them the room number.

After going through that I went into the room my mom was in.

She was already awake watching something on the television which was hanging from the wall.

"Hey, momma." I said as I came in with flowers and a gift for her.

"Hey Sincere. I see you got me something." Veronica responded as she smiled.

"Of course." I said as I placed the flowers and the gifts on the desk which was sitting beside the bed.

I wanted to do something nice for her. I really felt bad for the way I treated her regardless of the things she did in the past, she was still my mother.

"You feeling better ?" I asked.

"A little bit." Veronica said.

"That's good.... did they find out what it was yet?" I asked.

"No, they still are running tests because they can't come up with a conclusion to what's going on." She replied.

"Oh dang.." I said looking down.

"Hopefully it's not something serious. I wouldn't wanna lose you. " I continued.

"That's not gonna happen, Sin think positively." She responded.

"I'm trying, momma I really am. I'm just scared... and i dont want nothing to happen to you. " I said.

"Don't be scared.. ain't no reason to be. Imma be alrighr, Sincere." Veronica said as she held my hand.

"Everything gone be alright regardless baby." Veronica continued.

"When you get out of here, I promise Ima take you on a shopping spree. I promise. And take you to that restaurant that me and Nuke was talking about" I said as I smiled.

"Awww you're so sweet baby." Veronica replied.

When I was a kid me and my momma always talked about what we would do in the future when I was all grown up. I always told her that when I had a job I would do a lot of things.

I always promised her that I would spoil her.

Before things got rough me and my mom were actually really close.

I guess that's why I hated her after she got addicted to crack. It really hurted seeing her like that.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you too." Veronica said

The next few hours we talked and shared a couple of laughs.

The doctor came in letting me know it was time for my mom to get some rest.

I was kind of upset because we were having an interesting conversation but I just let it go.

"Alright, let me just tell her bye." I said looking at the doctor.

I grabbed my phone and hugged her telling her goodbye.

She hugged me back and kissed me on my cheek and I headed out.

I left the hospital and got in my car and drove back home.

Once I got back to the house I got out the car closing the door behind me and keyed the door unlocking it.

I walked in and shut the door behind me.

I could feel Jace looking dead at me as soon as I walked in. Nigga was literally staring into my soul.

I just pretended like I didn't see him because I was still giving him the silent treatment for whatever reason.

I walked past him as if he wasn't there and went straight into my room.

I put on some comfortable clothes and laid down as I put the covers over my body as I turned on my side.

I got on Instagram and just scrolled down my phone watching reels.

I was feeling really lonely because Asia hadn't texted me in almost a month.

Like, I totally get that I was wrong for not telling her about the Johnny thing but it was only to keep her. Besides, now that shit died out because Jace handled it.

I didn't understand why she was so mad it wasn't even that deep.

I started to wonder if she knew that I'd been cheating.

I knew that couldn't have been the case because knowing Asia, she would have definitely said something about it.

I refocused on my phone and began to listen to music.

I closed my eyes and vibed out to the music.

I fell asleep a few minutes after that.

When I woke up I showered and went straight to the store. I needed to buy some more groceries

I drove straight to Walmart and went inside.

I picked up a few items and checked out.

When I was done with my grocery shopping, I loaded the trunk and I drove home.

I was about 2 minutes away from the house when my phone rang.

I looked down at my phone and answered it when I realized it was Nuke.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Sincere... yo momma just passed." Nuke said.