24

JACE

I woke up to the sound of my phone ringing beside me.

I looked over seeing it was Kennedy.

I turned over and sighed seeing that Sin was still asleep.

Knowing Sin, if she'd seen Kennedy's name on my phone, she'd assume the worst and Ion got time for that shit at all.

I picked up the phone and headed to the bathroom that was down the hallway instead of the one that was in the bedroom we were in.

I locked the door behind me and answered the phone.

"Kennedy, hell you calling me for at 4AM?" I asked.

"My momma kicked me out." She replied.

"For what ?" I asked.

"We got into a big ass argument. Please just come get me Jace." Kennedy responded.

It sounded as if she was crying.

As late as it was, I felt bad so I decided that I would come get her because I couldn't leave her out there when her neighborhood was bout ghetto as fuck.

"Aight. I'll be there inna min." I responded as I hung up the phone.

I threw on my jacket and headed downstairs.

I made sure I tiptoed cause I ain't have time for Sincere yelling at me for leaving the house or nothin.

As soon as I got out the house, I sprinted towards my car cause it was bout cold as fuck outside.

I opened the door, threw my seatbelt on and sped towards Kennedy's house.

--

About 30 minutes later, I reached Kennedy's neighborhood where I saw her walking down the street.

I honked at her because it didn't seem like she noticed my car.

She then walked towards the door and got in.

Looking at her, her face and eyes were red.

It looked as if she had been through a lot.

I could tell whatever argument her and her mother had got into had to be somethin serious.

"I got somewhere you can stay until you get on good terms with ya moms again." I said.

She didn't look like she wanted to talk so I just started driving without asking her any questions.

I continued to drive and made my way to one of my other spots I had close by.

One thing about me, I had multiple cribs. I had to when they had multiple niggas outhea who wanted to take me out.

Niggas always gotta stay safe just in case.

--

When I pulled up to my other crib, I parked in the driveway and stopped the car.

Once we got inside I closed the door behind us and locked it.

I sat next to Kennedy who was already sitting on the sofa and staring at the floor.

"You good?" I asked as I looked over at her.

She just paused for a second.

"No, I'm not." She whispered.

She began to sniffle and a few seconds later she just started to cry like crazy.

I took her into my arms and hugged her as I started patting her back.