Page II Chapter I: The Difference

Bular slams against the Trollmarket entrance, which right now is just a solid cement wall attached to the bridge above.

"Sorry to interrupt, but may I request an audience with Bular the Butcher? I have so much to say." I speak directly to him, Bular. Hopefully I can join both sides and gather as much information about this world as possible. I have a clear plan in mind, since my memories of this place is slowly returning, I however need to be at both ends. A half smile cracks open on my face as I bow professionally to Bular. Obviously it is an act, but who isn't acting in every day life.

"Who are you, flesh bag? What makes you think I care what you have to say? Why shouldn't I kill you right now?" He asks. His big, hulking, stone like body towers over me as he walk towards me. Holstering one sword and waving the other as he spoke. "Speak or taste death by my blade."

It's about time, "Bular, I promise that what I say, is the truth. I am the best when it comes to spotting a persons weakness and Strickler eventually will get a soft spot for humans, being that he is half one. I can help you, I can straighten up Strickler's resolve. Make him worthy of being part of your fathers Legion. I also know, the Trollhunters weaknesses."

What I say catches Bulars interest and he allows me to speak further, holstering his remaining weapon and giving me time to further explain.

"Right, to prove my allegiance with you, I'll reveal a secret that Strickler doesn't know," which is when that part of my memory comes back. "I will reveal the fact, that you actually need the Trollhunter and his amulet to open the bridge." I finish, fully well knowing that what I am saying will make him think I have been spying on him in some way or form.

"Have you been spying on me?! How did you know I plan to rebuild killahead bridge?! Strickler, that Impure promised me that no one-"

I cut in speaking on behalf of Strickler, "I apologies, but I was hoping that Strickler would tell you about my existence. I was recruited by him based on my logical thinking and strategic mind."

This stops Bular in his rage, and I feel a success in my dispelling of any doubt he may have about me. He bodily expressions change and he seems to gain a certain amount of trust in me. I can see the cogs turning in his mind. He might see me as a threat later on, which means I'll have to come up with a contingency plan. But by the time it gets to that, I should have recovered a considerable amount of memories to counter that issue when it arrives.

Cutting through my thoughts, Bular speaks down to me, "I dismiss you flesh bag and don't you betray me in any way or you WILL fall to my hands. I'll trust you for now."

A sigh of relief exits from my mouth and I finally have time to rest. Watching Bulars figure vanish from view, past the trees up onto the side of the canal. I feel I am done.

I climb back onto the side of the canal and walk over to the road. That's when Barbra in her car drives up to me, that's when my extra exhaustion takes over and I fall down. Letting my dreams over take me.