Page V Chapter III: New Purpose

Strickler walks to the centre of the room as I close the door. I turn around and I watch as he closes the blinds by twisting a long stick, attached to the top of the window. Once the outside is barely visible, he walks back to the centre of the room.

"Now, you were brave enough to stand in front of Bular. Let's see how you actually fair in a fight."

He transforms in a instant and in between that instant, a blade like object is thrown at me. By pure muscle memory, I twist my left side back whilst moving my right side forwards. The blade narrowly grazes through my jumper and cuts through my skin. It stings and my arm instantly feels damp with something, a contrasting temperature comes over me.

Something then comes over me, lifting my leg just enough to slide my foot sideways across the carpeted floor. I take a stance and lung at him. What am I doing, why does this feel familiar to my body?

Skidding to a stop, I thrust my palm towards him. The speed at which I move, catching Strickler of guard. The palm strike lands at the bottom of his jaw and at with the same movement, I retract my body in the reverse. Turning my body in the same way I dodged, and I swing my arm across my body. Deflecting Strickler's swing of a sharp knife like object, something he intended to slice me with. What are these movements, and why do they work against this?

"Faster than any normal human," Strickler states in an unusual tone. 

Retracting my movements, I take two quick steps backwards away from him.

Something strange is happening to me, and I feel something forcing my mouth shut. Like my body is in a fight and no speaking mode. I don't get it. That's when it catches up with me, my beating heart. The thumping of my chest, an ache to my muscles and a dry taste to my mouth. 

"That fine, that is fine. No need for any more." He blurts out, de-transforming in front of me.

I feel something loosen up in me and my body just relaxes on it's own. 

"Why did you throw that at me?!" I snap.

"Well why did you fight back?" He snaps back, his tone is quiet. I realise that and match the volume. His steady and unfazed voice, like nothing happened.

"I do not know. My body just reacted." I reply, methodically taking breaths. More muscle memory?

He just looks at me with a blank face, "That's too long to be a reaction. That's definitely muscle memory. You, before you lost your memories, must have trained profusely. The only realistic way to explain your unnatural reaction speed and movements. Which at this point, explains the toned muscles."

"Toned?" I ask, not really understanding.

He points to my sleeve which has been sliced open enough, that you can see my muscles past it. As well as a thin stretch of blood cutting across my arm.

I reply with a gasp, "What?" I place my hand to the area and wipe at the blood. It stings again, the sweat from my hands rubbing in. A paper thin cut.

"Come over here, let's bandage that wound." Strickler asks of me, as I grab the sharp object out from the wall behind me.

I hand the object to Strickler and he walks over to the door to lock it, before walking back to me. Removing my jumper and shirt, he reaches into his draws and brings out a first aid kit. Opening the green box, he pulls out a bandage for my arm.