Page V Chapter V: Not A Dream

It's Walt on the other end, informing me of the two changelings with in Arcadia. A new and old one.
The first is obviously to distract Jim, from realising that Clair's brother is one of the chosen few to be replaced. At least that is what Walt calls me.

This strikes curiosity in me and I want to know more about what Claire looks like, so I ask for the details so I can keep an eye out.
Walt doesn't find it weird and obliges. Black hair with a blue stripe, fair skin, short, purple shirt and jacket, a skirt and in the same classes as Jim. That's all he's able to tell me and I thank him for it. He also manage to inform me on which days he has their class and much more.

I thank him for the extra information and the phone hangs up.

That settles it, I guess I should just wonder almost aimlessly for now, keeping an eye out for any trouble and any accidental messes that appear. This should fill up time wasted, into time not so wasted.

I grab my uniform and staff lanyard. Getting dressed and ready for the day. I put on my equipment belts, with both tools and safety equipment. Before I leave the basement, up the stairs, I take a step back as a vision flashes into my mind.

"Not again," I say concerned.

Everything goes white and a run down, ruined temple stands ahead of me with rubble blocking the entrance. I am forced through the walls and inside, like a ten times speed time laps. The rock covered floor bursts upwards, a rock like figure with goat shaped facial features stands ahead of me. Everything spins and I see a battle including him, with a lady holding a knife in his chest. Then like a burning piece of paper, I return to the stairs in the basement. 

Instantly knowing why I was shown this. Time is fairly the same, with an obvious influence by me changing things. I just hope I am doing good. 

The door opens with a quiet squeak, followed by the filling sound of school children chatter in the corridor. Straightening my hat; passing students in the corridor, I continue forwards. Passing students, I can only guess on what they are speaking about. I know I am new, that joining the school on short notice is very odd. That, considering I joined without warning, it is very strange and eerie. They could also be chatting about their school lessons, which would label me as paranoid. I scoff at the idea and begin to ignore those types of thoughts.

Walking past a class as students enter, I see that one of the teachers that is teaching Jim but Jim isn't in the room. The bell finishes noting the beginning of classes and think about where he could be. I shake my head and place the thought aside for later. Keeping it on an invisible note board, in my head. Thinking about it one last time, I wonder what happens if Jim arrives? Since I don't remember.

Maybe I should look for something to clean near by, just to see or hear what happens to him when he does arrive. The teacher does sound a bit upset, I can hear it in her voice.

Noticing the temperature, I find that it is cold. The boiler needs to be turned up slightly.

I'll do that.