Autumn's POV

"This is perfect!" The photographer says. "For someone that didn't want to kiss, to begin with, you did an excellent job."

Atticus looks anything but happy with his praise.

I couldn't believe it. I've been dreaming of kissi c Atticus since the time I fell in love with him. I've always wondered what it would be like to have his lips on mine. I knew now that it was more than I'd ever imagined. I kept my hand on my chest, because my heart was racing, pounding hard and fast.

I watch Atticus as he storms out before anyone can say anything else. I knew he was even more upset than he was showing.

I slowly bring my fingers to my lips, still feeling the tingling from our kiss. It was my first kiss and it was with him as I have always hoped for.

"Did I say something wrong?" The photographer asks.

His voice reminds me that I wasn't alone. I didn't want everyone to see how affected I was by the kiss. though that would not be such a bad thing since everybody needs to believe that we were in love. While they would easily be able to tell that Atticus was not in love with me. I feel like anyone would be able to read straight through me like an open book.

I look up to see my siblings and his siblings are standing at a distance, my brother ,sister and Griffin grins at me and Dante gives me a small knowing smile.

He has always been like this. He has even teased me with Atticus a few times. I always had this feeling that he knows about my feelings towards his brother. But that can't be true, right?. I must be overthinking.

"Do not take his actions to heart, Mr Asanto," his mother assures him. "My son is a little stressed from all the preparations. That's all."

She lied with such ease, it was a shock for me. It would seem that my parents weren't the only ones with this skill.

I know that I shouldn't follow after Atticus, but my feet are moving without my permission. I want to ensure he is okay and doesn't do anything stupid. I kept searching for him until I finally spotted him.

He is with Damon, seems like he is arguing about something, and suddenly he takes the keys from Damon's hands and enters his car.

He is starting his car, one of the many his family owns. They were best in designing fast cars and manufacturing them. They also added special features, whatever their customers desired they would customise it accordingly. They were brilliant when it came to fast cars. That's why once someone brought a car from them, they didn't bother looking elsewhere.

I wasn't sure if Atticus should be driving under this state.

I try to get to him before he leaves, but he's already speeding past me. My hair flies all over my face by the speed he drives past me. I sigh, as Damon comes next to me and I look at him he pats my shoulder and tells

"Relax, he is gonna be fine." He says and walks inside.

Now, I just had to hope that he drives safely and didn't act recklessly because of this wedding. My heart raced with fear as I watched his car drive away with him in it.

--------

Atticus

The engine revs as I accelerated the car. I have plenty on my mind. There is so much, yet I can't focus on anything else but the kiss I shared with Autumn. Her lips were soft like butter, and her taste was still in my mouth. Her taste was like a sweet apple, and her scent was like fresh roses. I swallowed, and it felt like I was letting the taste of her into my body by doing so.

The guilt was eating me alive, not for kissing her but for how it made me feel. I had a mate. I had someone I couldn't live without. So why did one kiss bother me this much? Why was the impact so strong? This was wrong. So fucking wrong.

What the fuck was my problem? Why couldn't I have some fucking control? I've always had more self control than this, even around Anya. What has changed now? What was it about?

I felt like a damn failure

Anya was crying and in pain, and yet here I was fucking enjoying a kiss with her best friend. The least I could do for her was not feel any emotions towards Autumn and I couldn't even do that.

What would she do when that picture of us is posted? What would she do when everyone she knows sees it and asks her about it? Everyone in school knew about our relationship, they would bombard her with questions. How would she feel? It was supposed to be a peck, nothing else.
But when Autumn wrapped her arms around my neck and pulled out bodies closer, something inside me snapped. It was unlike anything I'd felt in the past. I was disappointed in myself. I should have been stronger.

I have never done something like this before. Never. Not even once.

Autumn always could make me feel things I didn't like. That's why I have always tried my best to ignore her in the past. Even when Damon and Dante shared a bond with her they were close to her. But I had kept my distance from her, but this time. It was out of my control. I can't run away from her anymore. She was going to be my wife.

Avoiding her would be stupid at this point. She would soon live under the same house, share the same room with me, same car. We already attended the same school. I couldn't avoid her anymore.

To make matters worse, I have seen her almost naked. Fucking hell. Her body was very desirable. U hated that I noticed it the moment I saw her. I hate how much I want to stop and stare. Autumn has always dressed appropriately.she barely showed much skin. But this time, I was able to fucking see more than I've even done in the past, and I wish I hadn't. It wasn't something I would ever be able to forget, no matter how hard I tried.

"Call Anya," I command.

"Calling Anya."

My jaws clenched when she disconnects the call in the first ring. Shouldn't she at least hear what i had to say?

I wanted to give her a proper apology. One that she deserved after everything. She has done nothing but make me happy, and now I was hurting her. I was a failure as a mate. My brothers deserved her more than I did. I knew they will make a better mate to her than I am. They will give her the love she deserves.

"Fuck!" I roar as I pound my first against the steering wheel.

When will this nightmare end?