Atticus's POV

Autumn fits perfectly into my arms. I've never held her like this in the past, but why does this feel so familiar to me? Why does it feel like this wasn't the first time?

She smells amazing-a mixture of my scent with her own.

Since I returned from the hospital, my entire life seemed like a huge mess, a mystery waiting for me to solve.

Why was Autumn holding onto me like this in front of Anya? They were best friends, yet they seemed more like enemies now. I've never seen such hatred in either of them before.

And Clarissa, when did she become close friends with Autumn? Nothing could explain why Damon was so shocked to see her. But they both were Also relived to see her it was evident when they hugged her.

Autumn made it clear that she wasn't on vacation with her family like Anya told me, so then, where was she all this time? And why was everyone except Anya so happy to see her? How can l explain what I felt while holding Autumn?

She was my mate's best friend, for crying out loud. This shouldn't be happening. I shouldn't feel like this because of her.

But was Anya even my mate anymore? Why did I feel nothing for her? Instead of her, my feelings are for the woman with her arms wrapped around me.

Her hands are around my neck and her fingers digging and caressing my hair, and fuck me, it feels so good. I never want to let her go. I want to pick her up and hold onto her for the rest of my life.

Ah, fuck.

What was the meaning of these thoughts and feelings?

I still didn't understand how she still smelled like me. The only thing that can explain a scent this strong. . .I didn't want to think about it because it wasn't fucking possible. I wouldn't have marked Autumn. That's something I would have remembered doing. I loved Anya too much to mark her best friend instead of her.

Autumn slowly lets go of me, and my heart squeezes at the tears on her cheeks. Was she crying the entire time while hugging me? I didn't think seeing someone cry would have much of an impact on me. I didn't realize l cared this much until now.

"I'm sorry." She whispers as she wipes her tears. "I didn't know about the accident. I'm sorry, Atticus. If I had known--"

She didnt finish her sentence, and I had no clue what she wanted to say.

Everyone knew about the accident, why was she not informed? Where had she been to have not heard? And why did it seem like a secret, just like the events of my accident were?

Moreover why was she apologizing? She wasn't the one that caused the accident to begin with. What was she this upset about?

She claimed that she had feelings for me, at first, I thought that it had been a lie. I thought that Anya had asked her to mess with me. She was always doing random things like that. It wasn't something I wouldn't have expected from Anya.

Now, I wasn't so sure that Autumn had been lying to me. Her tears seemed genuine, and the pain on her face wasn't something anyone could easily fake.

My body wanted to go to her, to ease her pain, to make her smile. I shouldn't be thinking this way. I know it's wrong, and I know she's crying but damn it, Autumn never looked more beautiful. She's always been breathtaking to me. But today, she's radiant, messing with my heart and mind.

Does she even know what she's doing to me?

Does she even care? And what the fuck am I supposed to do with all of these unexplainable feelings?