Atticus's POV

I couldn't get her out of my head, her pretty eyes, inviting lips, and soft skin. Autumn was everything I always knew that she was and more. I couldn't believe that the woman I'd always wanted, even when I knew it was wrong, was now my wife.

There were many times in the past when I knew thinking about her was wrong. There were so many times that Autumn stood out to me, and I chose to ignore my feelings because of Anya.

I hate that I couldn't remember all the details of our marriage, it's something I would never wish to forget. It's crazy to think that so many things happened and were all missing from my memory.

If I didn't have these feelings for her, I would have never believed any of the articles I'd read.

I still remember the first day my eyes fell on Autumn. She was always a little clumsy since I knew her, and she'd dropped her book on the ground. She had my attention instantly with her innocence and pureness, but something had changed when I looked up to Anya, who was standing behind her.

It's crazy to me how things have changed so much since then. I sometimes wonder, if I had supposed to choose Autumn that day? what would have happened if I had never looked at Anya instead, I had continued to be mesmerized by Autumn on that day?

I kept one hand on the steering wheel while I used the other to trace my lips lightly. That was another thing I couldn't get out of my head.

Kissing her was like racing through the woods in wolf form, it made me feel wild and free, alive, like I had something wonderful to live for.

I'd never felt anything like this before, and it kills me to know that I must have kissed her multiple times before, but I couldn't remember a single detail of any of it.

Kissing her, touching her, holding her, talking to her.

How far did we take things between us? I could only imagine the torture of spending nights upon nights in the same bed with her. I must have crashed and given in eventually.

The thought of how many times I must have tasted her and gotten lost inside her was eating me alive. I wanted to remember, what it was like to taste her sweetness.

I kept trying to find the memory but fuck me, it was nowhere to be found. I knew it was the last thing I should be thinking about, considering everything we've both gone through recently but damn it, I don't know why I kissed her to awaken all these crazy desires.

I couldn't get her out of my fucking head.

The alert of my phone ringing forces my thoughts away from her. Finally, I didn't know how much more of this I could take before racing home to her and begging her to let me get just one taste.

Anything to help me remember what it was like.

"Hello," I answered on the first ring.

It was good that I could get a distraction right now. I
needed anything to stop me from thinking about Autumn and the things I wanted to do to her. It was dangerous to feel like this when my memory was still messed up from the accident.

"Atticus!" Clarissa shouts on the other end.

I pulled the vehicle to the side of the road, the tone of her voice was enough to tell me that something horrible was happening.

There were so many surprises in my life recently that I wasn't prepared for anything else so soon.
I was only gone for like an hour.

what could have happened in that little time?

"What's wrong?" I Asked immediately.

"You need to get home now!" She exclaimed.

"Why?" I ask. "Tell me what’s wrong."