Autumn's POV

I watch as Atticus carries bags of clothes my parents had just dropped off. They didn't want to leave me with the Fawns, but since I insisted, they finally gave in.

I understood that they felt I was unsafe now that the secret was out, but I was willing to take the risk if it meant I could be by Atticus's side.

He didn't stop pestering his parents until they'd gotten all the pictures of us back into the house.
Within two hours, everything was the same way I remembered it before he'd lost his memory.

Of course, Atticus couldn't remember what it looked like, but I did. I knew where every single picture of us was supposed to be.

I know that I didn't have him completely back to me, but I was at least happy that I was one step closer. I was back home, near him, where l belonged.

I still hadn't recovered from tonight, it felt like a dream. I was afraid I'd eventually wake up and realize that none of it was ever true.

l couldn't believe that Atticus told Anya he didn't love her. The look on her face was priceless.

When did he realize that he was no longer in love with her? Had he known this even before the accident? If he did, why did he never tell me what he truly felt?

There were many times when I thought he was still in love with her and only her. If I'd known the
truth, my heart would have been less tortured.

There were so many questions that I wanted to ask him, but I knew that he had plenty of questions for me as well. I wanted to give him a chance to ask me whatever he wanted.

He was pissed at everyone else for lying to him. I'd also lied to him.

Did that mean that he was also angry with me?

I didn't want him to be. I never wanted to make him angry or hurt him.

His mother walks over to me, and I can see the regret in her eyes. It must be hard for her as well as his father. It would be hard for his entire family now that Atticus felt like he couldn't trust them.

As much as it hurt knowing that they removed me from their lives after I went missing, I knew why they did it. Because of that, I was not angry with them.

"We are truly sorry for everything, Autumn." His mother apologizes. "We never meant to hurt you.
We were only doing what we thought was the right thing for our son. But, as he rightly pointed out, we made a big mistake."

I held her hand, "It's okay. I know that your intention was not to hurt me. I know that you only wanted to protect Atticus. I understand why you kept the truth from him. I never once thought that you were trying to betray me."

She gives me a grateful smile and pulls me in for a warm hug.

"I still think that we are fortunate for choosing you to be our son's bride. You've never let us down, and I don't think you ever will. Judging by the way Atticus protected you, I think it's safe to say that
he also feels the same way. I never thought my son could fall out of love with Anya, but somehow you made that possible. My sons are learning to bond with each other as they did in the past before she entered their lives, and I wanted to thank you for everything that you're doing for us."

"What are you saying to her?" Atticus asks dangerously.

The threat in his voice was Evident, and it surprised me that he took that tone with his own mother. He must be angrier than I thought he was.

It's quite obvious that he doesn't trust his mother around me, not after everything he'd just learned. I knew they would return to normal very soon, Atticus couldn't stay angry with his family for too long.