Atticus's POV

Autumn sways on her feet, and I know that her mother is watching. I didn't want her to get into unnecessary troubl. She was clearly going through plenty that she wasn't telling anyone about.

Things that were causing her to drink like this. Her parents were not understanding and neither were mine.

"What's wrong with her?" Her mother asks.

"It's a tradition that I pick her up and carry her out the yacht," I say without answering her question.

Before her mother can ask any questions, I grab her waist pulling her to me and lift her into my arms.

Autumn gasped at first, but then she gently placed her head on my chest, Putting her arms around me and snuggled closer into me.

I swallow. It's hard to ignore how perfectly she fits in my arms against me. No one had ever felt this good against me before, and it was something I'd noticed even before this moment.

I'm still bothered about her words from just a few minutes ago. Why did she blame me for her drinking? This was something I would have to discuss with her,when she was sober and not while she was in this condition. I couldn't believe every word she said when she wasn't even aware what she was saying.

When we were out of the boat, I noticed something that immediately caught my attention. Griffin was having a conversation with Arthur and Gabriella, They looked worried. And Griffin was not someone that ever looked like that unless something terrible was going on. If something was happening that needed our attention, I had to go to them and help them solve the problem.

I step in their direction when my father blocks my way, "where do you think you're going?" He asks.

"The spring is in that direction. We have less than an hour to prepare everything before midnight. There is no time to waste."

I inwardly groan. I barely made it out alive when Autumn kissed me in front of everyone. How would I survive seeing her completely naked? And this time, we will be alone with no fucking interruptions.

I needed something to stop me from doing anything stupid while in there with her. Maybe if I didn't look at her during the ritual, it would pass quickly, and I won't be tempted by her.

I had to keep reminding myself that Autumn was intoxicated. she wasn't aware of the things she was doing. Like that last time, she'd got drunk and didn't remember anything the next day.

But did she truly forget everything that had happened? It felt like she was lying to me at that time.

I look down at her and almost trip on my own two feet. She's staring up at me, and I've never seen anyone look at me with so much admiration. It took everything inside of me to look away from her gaze, but I had to keep moving, and I couldn't risk walking into a tree just because I wanted to keep staring at her.

I've noticed Autumn's beauty multiple times in the past, more than I'll ever admit, And it's always been dangerous. I chose to ignore it because she was my mate's best friend.

Avoiding her had always been my mission, and it had worked for years. But now avoiding her was out of the question. And I don't think I was prepared for it. Nothing in this world has prepared me for Autumn. Absolutely nothing.

It was hard to believe that this woman is my wife now.

Why did she kiss me earlier? I could still taste her, and I wanted to savor every bit of it.

'You're mine.'

She'd also said those words to me. It was so unlike Autumn. She was turning into someone I wasn't familiar with. But have I actually ever known her, to begin with? We have barely spoke. Even now, we've only spoken only a few words to each other.