Anya's POV

"Did you hear his response to my question at the game?" My mother asks me as she throws a glass in the sink, almost breaking it.

"Yes," I say through clenched teeth.

I heard his response to her question, and it still
haunted me. It hasn't still sunk in that I'd lost Atticus completely.

Part of him was still connected to me, but it is almost gone. He is too lost in Autumn to realize how much I missed having him around.

I'd left the game when he said that one word to her. It wasn't very comfortable to stand there while he claimed that he would save Autumn over me.

Damon and Dante tried to stop me, but I didn't listen to either.

How could Atticus embarrass me like that in front of everyone? We weren't the only ones present. Many people were surrounding us, waiting for his response, and he chose her.

I knew he was angry that I'd sent the recording to Autumn, but I don't think that's the only reason he'd said what he did. He was being honest. He would choose her if he had to pick between saving one of us.

"One job Anya, you had one job to do, and you couldn't even do that." She snaps. "Are
you even my daughter?"

I cringe at her question. My mother never loses the opportunity to insult me. I was trying my best, everything l'd ever done is to please her. I was stuck in this situation because of her.

When I first saw Atticus, I wasn't very fond of him. I never wanted to date him, but my mother had other plans. She was obsessed with getting her revenge on the Fawns, and I was her ticket to making that possible.

Doing things to please my mother has always made me feel like I'd accomplished something great, and I have enjoyed doing this for her until now.

My mother was a full-blooded witch, and I'm a hybrid, my father was a werewolf. He died when I was younger.

"I did all the hard work," she snaps. "I helped you put those spells on all three of those Fawn brothers. All you had to do was keep Autumn away to prevent her from ever finding out that Atticus is her true mate. And you couldn't even do that much."

"I don't think Autumn knows he's her mate." I snap. "I made sure that she wouldn't recognize him as her mate. However, even a spell can't completely wipe out her feelings for him. She loved him so much since the beginning that it was hard for the spell to even work on her. But still, she doesn't show any signs that she believes he's her mate "

"How did Atticus mark her if he didn't recognize her as his mate?" She demands.

"Eventually, they're both going to realize something is going on. And if we don't work fast, all of my plans will be squashed in a split second. I've been working on this for years, building everything up to blow it up in their asses at the right time, but that damn girl Autumn, is spoiling everything. I always knew I should have gotten rid of her a long
time ago."

I fidget with the bracelet in my hand, which Atticus had gifted me. He has always surprised me with presents, and they've somehow made me fall for him.

Out of all three of them, Atticus was the only one that had clawed his way into my heart. I wasn't in love with him, but he was the only one I've always cared about. I didn't expect that losing him would have impacted me this much. While I was only doing what my mother wanted, it didn't take away from the fact that I was partly doing it because of my feelings for him.

Keeping him away from Autumn these years has been so hard. If his parents hadn't planned this wedding, I would still have him wrapped around my finger. The wedding was what spoiled everything for me. I remember how shocked I was after seeing the articles and reading the many messages on my phone.

Even Damon and Dante has a strange bond towards her, they always care about her. Even now I know that they do care and talk to her when I'm not around them.

"I'm going to have to plan something to stop the two of them from getting closer." My mother breaks into my thoughts. "I need to make sure that I separate them. If he keeps falling for her and you can no longer get to him, that would spoil everything for us. Autumn is dangerous. I can sense something in her, something that no normal werewolf possesses. Being near her tonight has only confirmed this for me."

What was she talking about? I've always sensed something in Autumn, but I had never paid much attention to it. Now that my mother is mentioning it, I had to wonder if she knew more than I did.

"You promised me that no matter what your plans were, you wouldn't harm Atticus." I remind her.
"You know that he's the only one I care about. Do what you must with the others but leave him alone"

She laughs, "Are you still not over your small crush on that boy? You can give up the little play now. He's married to Autumn. Not you. He chose her, you may not see it that way, but it's clear who he chose to marry. Even the spell on him didn't stop that."

"Promise me."

She rolls her eyes and returns to studying the spell book in front of her, "Don't worry. I won't hurt your little crush. He will be fine. But I have to find something that would buy us some more time.
Those two are falling for each other at an alarming rate. I can't waste more time, and neither can you.
Please do whatever you must to keep them separate. Do not go easy on him. Make sure he feels guilty for marrying Autumn. You're not trying hard enough, and that's why he's slipping away from you. I can see that he still cares a little. you need to learn how
to use that to your advantage without it backfiring on you,"

She was right. Everything I'd done so far had somehow found a way to backfire on me. I had to play the innocent victim. I had to pretend at least to be lovely to Autumn so that I could get closer to both of them.

The closer I was to Atticus, the stronger the spell
would work on him.

I couldn't let Autumn have him, this wasn't just about my mother anymore. I didn't care that he'd married her. She couldn't have him. I would make sure of it.