Atticus's POV

Austin and his family met me outside their home. I asked for all of them to gather, I was Going to request a huge favor, and I wasn't sure if they would be willing to help me.

"What's this about?" Austin asks me.

He was already in a defensive stance. He knew
that something had to be wrong for me to arrive here to speak to him. He would also be suspicious after I asked everyone to gather as well.

"The overlords have taken Autumn," I inform him.

There are surprised gasps all around me. Everyone is shocked that I've mentioned Autumn and the overlords in the same sentence. It's surprising to hear myself say those words, also.

The more I said it, the worse I felt inside. She was no longer by my side. Autumn was in danger, and for the second time, I could not get to her in time because of a fucking accident.

"The overlords?" Hunter asks, intrigued. "What do the overlords want with Autumn?"

I didn't know how to break the news to them. This was supposed to be a secret from everyone, but it was no use keeping the truth from the people I needed help from.

"We recently discovered that the Rivera's aren't Autumn's real parents." I begin explaining.

They were already shocked by this news, I couldn't imagine their reactions when I told them the whole truth.

"Her father is a sorcerer called Azai Reign. I'm not
sure if any of you have ever heard that name before today."

"Azai Reign?" Hunter asks, his eyes wide.

I'm surprised that he knows anything about him.

"How do you know him?" I ask.

"According to the council, as well as the overlords, no one is supposed to speak about him. I knew nothing of him until I learned the truth."

Hunter doesn't look proud of his knowledge of Azai.

"There was a point in my life where I had a good relationship with the council. Once you're allied with them, you learn plenty." He tells me. "I know the crazy shit Azai did. He had the council and the overlords petrified. Not only them, but he also had many affluent, prominent families terrified of what he could do. He was a dangerous man. Are you positive that Autumn is his daughter?"

I nod, "It has already been confirmed. She has power very similar to his. His men also kidnapped her and referred to her as their queen. She is no doubt his daughter."

"This is fucking insane." James mumbles. "We're talking about the overlords!"

"I know that this may be too much to ask for. There are others that I'm also willing to ask for help, but I couldn't think of anyone better to join this fight with me than all of you. You have the experience and the power to help me free my wife. Please, help me save her before they take her from me."

Austin pats my shoulder, "we promised we would help you after you stood by our side when we needed you. We will help. There is no question about it."

"They're not easy opponents." Arthur points out. "If we're going up against them, we are in for a dangerous fight. They are trained to deal with fighters like us. Fuck, they enjoy it also. And the council will also be on their side. That's not one strong force but two."

"All of our battles have been crazy." Isabella reminds everyone.

"She's right," Gabriella adds. "Autumn needs us, and I’m not backing down."

"Neither am I," Maya adds. "She needs our help. We have to save her. She was there for all of us when we needed her. We can't let her down."

I was grateful to have them on my side. My family had money, but when it came to good fighters, we weren't as fortunate as the others. After today, it's something I would work on, forming a-stronger pack.