Autumn's POV

I didn't want Atticus to leave his family because of me. I could see the horror on the face of everyone here that loved him. No one wanted him to go.

I gently cup his cheek in my hand, "Your parents are only worried about you. Maybe we should give them some time to calm down."

His arms tighten around me, "What is there for them to think about again? You're my wife, and you're staying my wife for the rest of my life. You're my mate also-- my mate. I'm never letting go of you. I don't care what anyone says about you or your fucking father. You're mine, Autumn, and no one can ever change that."

My heart continues to jump in my chest. Atticus kept saying things that both surprised me and made me overjoyed simultaneously.

"Atticus!" His father shouts. "We've always protected you. We've always done what we thought was best for you. Don't you think we're doing this because we care about you?"

I think Atticus did know this, but he didn't care about that. I'm not sure what's going to happen now, but I wasn't letting go of Atticus either.

His jaw clenches, "I know that you care about me, but I'm not the only one that I want you to care about. I want you to also care about Autumn. This entire time I'm the only one that you've been thinking about. Not once have you thought about her and the way your actions have been affecting her. I don't want to be separate from my family but if you force me to do it, believe me, I will. I'll do whatever l have to stay with Autumn."

His mother turns away from us, and I think it's possible that she might be crying. They seem helpless. I know that they want me to let him go, I know that it's the only way for Atticus to leave me if I let go first.

But I wasn't going to do it. I wanted to be with him, and I believed in my heart that I would never hurt him. I couldn't promise to hurt the people that tried to separate us.

However. I don't think his parents realize how much I loved him. I don't think anyone but me knew what I would sacrifice to keep him safe.

I slowly let go of Atticus and walk towards them, "I'm never going to hurt Atticus. I know what my father tried to do was horrible. I know that he wasn't a good person. But I never knew him, I wasn't taught his ways. I admit that there have been times when I've lost control, but I'm working on trying to fix that. Please trust me. I'm not going to let anything happen to him or this family. I care about all of you. I would never intentionally
do anything that would hurt any of you."

Griffin walks in then with Dante and takes a look at us, "What is happening here?" He demands, confused. "How much did I miss?"

There is a silent pause as he waits for someone to answer. I wasn't sure how to even begin to explain everything.

"Autumn is the daughter of an evil sorcerer," Anya answers him before anyone else gets a chance to say anything. "And Atticus knowing that she almost killed me with her evil power quite similar to her father's power, doesn't want to let her go."

She'd conveniently left out the part where she almost killed me first. Luckily, Griffin and Dante knew the type of person that I was. They wouldn't listen to Anya as his parents had done.

Dante looks at me worried about me even he knew everything about me just as Damon did and from the shock and worry on his face, it's safe to say that even he didn't say that to Anya. Then how did she know?

"Hold up," Griffin says, squeezing his temples.
"Autumn's parents aren't the two people standing in front of us now? And frankly, Anya, I don't believe Autumn tried to harm you without you doing something bad first."

"I'll tell you everything you need to know," Damon says as he taps his shoulder and walks him elsewhere.

We didn't have time to catch Griffin up with everything. Dante stands next to Clarissa where Damon was previously standing behind his brother and me.