Atticus's POV

Is this what it feels like to go into a complete shock?

Many things in my life have surprised me, but hearing Autumn say that she'd loved me all along has made my entire body numb from shock.

She loved me?

Autumn loved me? And she has loved me for years?

My mind is racing with all of the things she's mentioned to me. She saw me first, she fell for me first. She wanted me before Anya even did. How did I not know any of this? How could I have been so blind?

Since the beginning, I thought Autumn didn't have any feelings at all for me. When we got married, I felt that my actions wouldn't have hurt her because neither of us had feelings for each other. Now that I knew she loved me for so long, I understood the pain l'd put her through.

I understood the damage I'd done without even realizing it.

I've been breaking her heart for years without even knowing it. I covered my face with my hand as I tried to come to terms with everything. I was unable to move, my body felt like it was glued to the bed. Nothing has ever managed to stun me as much as this has.

She wanted to marry me from the beginning. She's dreamt of having a family with me. Autumn loved me this entire time, me, and only me. She didn't want anyone else but me. I was the one that she wanted. So then, why was she flirting with Tyler?

It was the first time I'd ever seen her flirt like that with anyone but me. It was something I never
wanted to see again. My heart couldn't handle seeing Autumn be with another man but me.

Damn it.

She loved me.

What the fuck?

What was wrong with me?

Why did I do so many things to hurt her? Why did I put Anya above her so many times?

I knew she had to come first, even before finding out she was in love with me, and yet I didn't treat her the way she had to be treated.

Was there any word to describe me?

I've been a complete asshole. why did she even love someone like me? I did not deserve her love. I never deserved her love.

I knew that I had to go after her, I knew that l had to say something, anything. She'd run out of here crying, and I'd done nothing to stop her because of how much her words had affected me.

But what could I say to her? She made it clear that she was not ready to accept me after what I'd done. I'd hurt her so much that she'd built a wall around her heart.

I couldn't just beg for her forgiveness. I had to show her that I had changed. I had to show her that she was the most important person in my life.

It was the truth. She was the most important person to me. I've never taken the time to think about my feelings toward her, but it was forced out of me today.

I've been avoiding thinking about it, but l couldn't deny it any longer.

Autumn saved me today. I don't know how she did it, but she was brave and fierce as she stood in front of me while she challenged not one but six fucking beasts.

I'd snapped, but not because I wasn't proud of her, but because I was terrified of seeing her get hurt for me.

The entire time on the ground, I felt like a useless ass, I couldn't even fight to protect her. She had to protect me.

It should never have come to that. I should have been able to bring Carter and his team to the ground for her. I was so scared when her Wolf lunged in front of me.