Autumn's POV

There is complete silence as Atticus's words shock us all.

They all heard him. I hadn't been delusional. He'd just asked me why I wasn't wearing my ring.

How could he know about that if his memory was lost? Was it possible that Atticus had regained his memory yesterday and chose to keep it a secret from the rest of us? Why would he do something like that?

It was very unlikely of him. His memory still had to be missing. My Atticus would have run to me with hugs and kisses if he'd remembered me. I wouldn't have been able to get his hands off me.

"How do you know that Autumn usually wears a ring?" His mother asks as she waits for an answer from him.

I could feel the anticipation as everyone waited for him to explain. This night just kept getting stranger and stranger.

He knew that he had everyone on edge, and I think this is exactly what he wanted from us. He wanted us to be confused and scared until someone slipped up and gave in.

"I don't." He says. "But you just confirmed it for me, mother. Why does she wear a ring on that finger? Is Autumn married to someone?" It felt like Atticus was playing with all of us.

Was he giving us a chance to come clean with everything?

His entire family stood up from their seats and looked at him. Damon and Dante gave each other an alarmed look, Clarrisa and Griffin were almost like they were on the edge, while his parents were practically gazing at him with fear.

"What do you know, Atticus?" His father asks.
"Tell us what you want to find out. Why are you playing these ridiculous games with your family? If there's something that you wish to ask, just do it."

"Because my family, who I love and respect dearly, are the ones who chose to play ridiculous games with me first." He Snaps. "What's wrong if I also join your game? I don't have only one question to ask you. I have multiple questions, so I asked each of
you to be here tonight."

His father glares at him. "No one is playing any games with you. You're reading too much into nothing."

"Autumn." He says, returning his attention to me.

"You never answered my question. Why aren't you wearing your wedding ring? Aren't you married?"

My lips part. Either he knew I was married to him and testing me, or he thought that I was married to someone else.

Maybe Anya made up another lie and told him. That was expected from someone like her.

But Atticus didn't look at me like he thought I was married to someone else. He almost looked as though he knew I was married to him.

"Yes, I am married." I finally say. I spoke softly, and I wasn't sure if he'd heard me.

His family surely Did, however. His parents looked at me, and I could tell that they wanted me to keep my mouth shut.

They'd wanted me to stay quiet since the beginning.
I didn't want to lie to him anymore. I wanted him to know the truth, that is, if he didn't already know everything.

"Autumn doesn't like speaking about her marriage." His mother interrupts me. "I don't think that you should make her uncomfortable. She's our guest."

"Why don't you let Autumn speak for herself, mother?" He groans. "I would like to hear the words straight from her mouth. No one else should speak for her."

I took a deep breath. If he wanted to know the truth this much, I would tell him. There's no use hiding it any longer.

"I don't wear my wedding ring because it reminds me of my husband," I confess. "And thinking about our past brings me great pain."