Atticus's POV

I can't stop staring at Autumn. This was what love felt like when you finally accepted it. It was fucking amazing.

I loved this woman more than I loved anything in this fucking world. Others were terrified of her power, but I was amazed at her strength. She saved everyone today.

I don't even know if she acknowledges how amazing she is. Isabella runs over to my mate and hugs her tightly.

"Thank you for saving my mate. Thank you for also saving my brother. You're the one that stopped the overlords and the council from taking so many of our loved ones from us."

"What are you saying?" Autumn asks in shock.
"I should be thanking you and your family. They were only placed in danger because they were trying to save me. I'll forever be indebted to all of you. Words cannot explain how much joy it brings me to know that I have such amazing friends. You're like family to me."

She isn't the only one to thank Autumn for what she did today, almost everyone at the battle told her how amazing she was. She took my breath away and I'm sure she did the same for the others.

How could anyone ever think that she would be anything like her father?

Autumn had a heart, something her father never did. She protected the people she cared about. I was
so damn proud of her and I wished that she could see herself through my eyes. She would realize just how much I adored everything about her.

"Your eyes are glowing with love," Damon says with a chuckle.

"Everyone can see it from a mile away." Dante and Griffin snickers.

I glance at them for a second before returning my attention to the love of my life. The woman I would give everything for. How did l ever get so lucky?

I laugh, "what can I say, brother? Love has never felt this good.”

Even with Anya, it never felt like this. Autumn was different and she proved that every single day.

"What do you think saved us from that explosion?" Damon asks me. "You should have been there Atticus, it's hard to explain in words what happened. I don't understand what caused us to move from one place to another and so quickly. Someone saved us and I wish I knew who it was so that I could thank them."

I didn't understand who would do something like that for us. The man that saved me from the accident suddenly makes an appearance in my head.

He said his name was Cassius. I still wasn't sure if it was him. But it matches the description of what happened to Damon and the others today. One minute I was in the vehicle and the next I was on the road, staring at the explosion.

If it was him, why is he saving us? We didn't know him but on that day it seemed like he knew me. It seemed like he knew I was trying to save Autumn.

Without much information on him, there wasn't anything I could really find out. But Cassius wasn't a name I've heard a lot around here, maybe l could do some digging up and see what I could find out.

"I never felt this happy to be going home finally,"  Dante says next to us. "It's been a long day. Too much has happened. I like to go home and see our parents. And then, I'll like to see Anya. She must be terribly worried about us."

This was just another way that Anya was different from Autumn. If I was in a dangerous battle like this, Autumn would be there by my side even if she knew her life would be in danger.

She turns to look at me and I can't help but smile.
I loved her so fucking much and I can't wait to tell her this every single day for the rest of our lives.