Atticus's POV

"Is this the correct place?" I ask Damon.

It looks too calm. I was hoping that Autumn finally listened to me. After almost losing her, I didn't want to put her in danger again.

This time, I wanted to keep her safe. For once, I wanted to be able to protect my mate.

"It has to be." He answers me. "We didn't make any mistakes."

"I still think we should have left Clarissa with Autumn." He adds. "We don't know who or what we are up against. They were powerful enough to kill all of our guards."

"They may not be my parents, but that doesn't mean I don’t love them." Clarissa hissed. "No one was stopping me from being here tonight. I can take care of myself. I don't need anyone to worry about me."

"This is not the time for ridiculous arguments," Dante growls. "We're all here, and we're the ones that they asked for. Let's get our parents back and get out of here."

"At least we know it can't be worse than our earlier battle." I try to be positive.

"To be fair, we aren't exactly sure of this." Griffin reminds us. "We aren't sure if the overlords or the council is behind this."

"They wouldn't have had enough time to prepare all this." Damon points out. "I agree with Atticus, someone else chose the perfect time to attack our home while we were not in it."

I can only hope that this was an easy battle to win. We were all exhausted from the earlier fight.

fuck.

I should be sleeping next to my mate right now. I shouldn't have to be away from her. We should be telling our parents about our victory, instead, we were doing the opposite of this.

"Do you think mom and dad are okay?" Griffin asks.

His voice did not hide the pain we all felt at that question. We were hoping that they were alive and not harmed in any way. When I found the person responsible, I would rip their bodies into pieces.

"I'm sure they are," I respond, even though I couldn't be sure about this.

I wanted to give him a hope, I wanted to give us all hope.

"I can see a house." Dante points to the far right.

I could see it too.

"I'm guessing that's where we need to go, then," I say.

We creep up to it, trying our best not to make noise.
We didn't want them to know that we had arrived.
However, I knew the chances of that happening were very low, considering they would be expecting us.

We didn't say another word as we walked to the front door. We considered breaking through the window but didn't want to do anything that could bring harm to our parents.

Before we can barge in, we hear footsteps. My siblings all look at me. We knew nothing good was coming to greet us but at least the suspense of not knowing who had kidnapped our parents would all be over soon.

As soon as the door opens, there's a loud ringing in my ear. I groan and drop to the ground in pain. I'm not the only one, my siblings are experiencing the same pain.

"Fuck!" Damon hissed.

"Witches!" I shouted, but the warning was too late.

We were already surrounded, and they were dragging us into the house, one after the next.

What the hell do witches want with us? Did we piss some off recently?

I doubt this had anything to do with Autumn, or they would have also asked for her unless this was a
setup to get her alone with her parents.