Autumn's POV

"I'm not sure I'm doing the right thing, mom" I whisper. "Atticus hasn't returned. It's been hours. I think we should go to them. I know where he Is."

"I'm sure Atticus is okay." She promises me. "If he were in pain, you would have felt it. The fact that you're still standing means that he is okay. I'm sure he's already on his way back home."

"I'm scared," I confess. "So many things have happened to us in the past few days, I'm terrified that something will separate us again."

She hugs me, "If he doesn't return within half an hour, we will go with you."

"Thank you, mom," I tell her as I hug her tightly.

I was restless, I wanted to have him near me as soon as possible.

We'd managed to stop the fire with the help of hundreds of people who were friends with my parents. The mansion was still in a terrible state, but at least it hadn't completely burned down.

The Fawns had enough money to fix it in a short period. Their lives were more important than anything else. I was still hopeful that his parents were okay.

"I hear something," I shout as I hear a vehicle approaching.

I don't wait for my mother as I storm out of the parking lot and towards the mansion's entrance.

Atticus is already out of the jeep even before it stops, and my face lights up to see him. I run towards him, and his hands grip my waist as he lifts me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on for my life.

"That's it, I'm never letting you out of my sight again." I tease him. "I'm so happy that you're back. Where are your parents?"

"We're right here, Autumn." His mother tells me.

Atticus placed me back onto the ground, and I ran towards them. They both hugged me.

"I'm so happy that you're both okay."

"And we're happy that you are. Life wouldn't have been the same without you in our lives, Autumn. We still believe that you're the only woman for our son, and we want to give a proper apology for what we've put you through when we learned of your father's background."

I shook my head, "It's okay. It's in the past. I know why you did it."

Mr. Fawn smiles, "I hope your parents can also forgive us for everything."

"I think they already did," I confess as I point toward their home. "It would have been burnt to the ground if they didn't bring friends to help save what was left of it. I think they've already put everything behind them."

Things in my life were already looking brighter. The Fawns and the Riveras were good friends again. We had all survived the battles thrown our way these past few weeks.

And Atticus and I have never been more in love with each other.

"What on earth happened here?" Someone asks behind us.

It was Gerard Fawn. Atticus's grandfather. He had finally returned.

"Grandpa!"

They all called to him as they ran to hug him tightly. He clearly wasn't aware of anything we've been through the past few weeks.

"I leave you guys for a few weeks, and this is what happens?" He demands. "You burnt our home!"

"We have a lot of updates for you," Atticus informs him. "Maybe we should start with letting him know my real family’s background," I tell Atticus.

His grandfather looks at me without a sign of shock on his face, "you've finally figured out that your father is Azai Reign." We all gasp.

"How did you know this?" I ask, confused.