Atticus's POV

"How can they possibly be missing?" I ask. How does anyone go missing from a yacht? We've never had an incident like that in the past. People don't just fall out of a yacht as big as that one.

"Griffin was the last person to see them on board." He tells me. "We're not sure what happened after he spoke with them, but they never made it to the island with the rest of us. Chances are they fell off the yacht, but none of us know how it happened."

Fell off the fucking yacht? Again, that didn't just happen. Were they drunk or did something else happen?

I ran a hand through my wet hair. I was already not able to fucking thinking straight after Autumn
literally just spread her legs and mesmerized me with the view of her bare tempting pussy and her beautiful body. I'm not sure if I can even walk with how much I wanted take her. The fact that I
couldn't have her was a torture and it was about to get worse for me.

"Are you listening to me?" He demands. No, I wasn't. I haven't heard a word he'd said.

"We need to help Arthur with the search. It has already started, but they can't search this island on their own, they will need us." I nod, I knew we had to help. But there was something I had to take care about first.

"I have to get Autumn back to the house," I tell him. "I will meet up with the others after that."

"She can come with us." He offers. "We can't waste any time. We're not even sure that if they're still alive. Can you imagine the headlines if that happens?"

Yes I can, I knew how brutal the article headlines were when our family was concerned. They were always waiting for a new story concerning our lives.

But I was not okay with Autumn joining us.

I immediately disagreed, "She's drunk, Dante." I tell him.

"Autumn's drunk?" He says, "That explains her proactive behavior on the yatch." He smirks at me. Even he had seen the session between me and her on the yatch along with my other siblings.

"Is she okay? " He asks, with concern.

"She's not in the condition to join us on a search and rescue. As soon as I get her back home, I will join the others on the search."

He nods, "I'll inform Damon that you'll be joining us in less than half an hour.” It was good that he had agreed to this, I didn't wanted to start a damn argument over Autumn in the middle of the woods. But one thing was sure my siblings were surprisingly understanding when it comes to her, may be because they were always close to her.

This was fucking serious. Where were those two? What caused them to fall out of a moving yatch? Is that even what happened to begin with? How much
were we not aware about this incident?

I walk back to the spring and pause when I see Autumn. She's lying on the ground with the robe partially covering her body. Her hair was soaking wet and sticking to her face. I clutch my heart as I feel a sudden stabbing pain while staring at her. I wince, unsure of what the hell this pain means.

It wasn't the first time it's happened to me. It's been
happening ever since that first time we kissed.
Anytime I got closer to her, the pain got more excruciatingly painful. This time was no exception and I wasn't even standing close to her.

She senses my presence and immediately lifts herself off the ground to a sitting position, "you're back." She says with a bright smile.

She had a beautiful smile, one that could brighten up anyone's day. It was innocent and pure, something you didn't see every day. I realize I've only ever seen her smile like this when she was drunk. Does that mean that she's never been genuinely happy around me unless she was intoxicated?