Autumn's POV

Atticus turns around when he heard the sound of my phone hitting the ground. He looks at me then kneels down to grab my phone.

I'm trying my best to keep my emotions hidden from him for now, Because of the circumstances we are currently facing.

"You dropped this." He says as he hands it to me. I take the phone from his hand, but I refuse to look him in the face.

He's not the man I thought he was. He was a completely different person.

I want to play the recording for him. I want him to know that I've heard everything he said to Anya. I want him to realize that he can stop pretending to be nice to me now. I know he doesn't care. But l know I can't let my pain get in the way of finding Roman.

A baby would always be more important. No matter how hard it is, I had to ignore my feelings this one time. I would have plenty of time after to confront Atticus about everything that was said in this recording. I didn't think there was a single excuse he could use to justify what he said.

These weren't harmless words. they were words meant to destroy our marriage. Promises that he made to Anya without thinking about me for once and how I would feel if I ever found out, which I did. And out of everyone, Anya was the one that sent it to me. she was the one to throw it all in my face to remind me of who Atticus has always loved
since the beginning.

Atticus gets distracted by something Arthur said to him, and I use that opportunity to breathe again. I don't know if I should laugh or cry. All I've ever done was wish the best for both of them. Now it felt like they both wanted to hurt me.

My hand tightened around my phone. I wanted him to feel the same pain that I was feeling. I wanted him to get hurt the same way I did after listening to this recording. It's the first time I've ever wished for something this awful, but I'm angry, so angry with what he'd done.

I feel sick, I felt like my head was spinning. "You okay, Autumn." Dante asks, I look up to find Dante and Damon looking at me with concern. I nod, "Are you sure? " Damon asks, "Yeah," I tell them and they walk with me towards the vehicles.

Atticus didn't try to talk to me again as we entered one of the vehicles waiting for us. It's possible he is also putting his feelings aside for the mission. We both understand that this is bigger than any of the problems in our marriage.

Lucy and Austin were in a mess, their baby was in danger, and no one knew whether he was still alive or not. I'd never seen a child as loved as him. many of the most powerful of our kind were present ready to bring him home safely. No one cared about their well- being. he was all they cared about.

When the vehicles stops, All the women, Morgan that witch had asked for in return for Roman gets separate from the rest of us.

The men were in emotional distress after their mates left. They were trying to comfort each other, but it was a depressing sight to see. Everyone here loved their mates, they couldn't hide it, and they weren't trying to.

"I can't believe we have no choice but to fucking wait here while our mates are locked in an abandoned castle with fucking witches," Hunter growls. "I've never felt this useless in my entire life"

"They can handle themselves," Lucas says with a fierceness in his eyes. "They're strong. I believe that they can do this. I know they can."

Paige Snow, another witch, whom they'd invited to help, approached me. I was surprised that she had even noticed me under the circumstances. I didn't think anyone was paying attention to me.

"What is your name?" She asks.

"Autumn," I answer her. Her eyes are almost white as she scans my face. What was she looking for?