Autumn's POV

Atticus pushes past me and rushes to get to Anya. I've never seen him panic like this before. He's in a hurry to get to her, and everyone here knows it. He drops to the ground beside her, shouting her name as his brothers had done just a few seconds ago.

She doesn't move, prompting him to move her from the ground. I turn away when he picks her up into his arms and holds her close to his chest.

The crowd has gotten loud once more. it's like a replay of what happened on Our engagement night.

Only this time, it's much worse. People already thought they were cheating behind my back. this would only fuel the rumors. It was only going to get worse from here on.

Anya had managed to make both of what was supposed to be my special nights, all about her. I wasn't sure if today was intentional, however. They were still mates.it must have shocked her when we kissed in front of her. But it was also possible that she only acted to get Atticus's attention. After all, she came to our wedding in white, wearing something that could pass for a wedding dress.

I've attended multiple weddings in the past, and I've never seen anyone do something so petty.

I took a deep breath and faked a smile as guests came forward to congratulate me. I had to remember that Anya and Atticus were connected, no matter how much that bothered me. They will always feel pain when the other is hurt. That was the kind of connection you couldn't just ignore.

I had to wonder what would happen if I ever found my mate. I couldn't imagine loving anyone more than I love Atticus, my husband. It felt weird just thinking about it. I couldn't imagine having to introduce him as my husband to strangers.

"I'm sorry about her." Clarissa apologized as she joined my side. "I don't know why everyone always rushes to her aid when it's clear she doesn't deserve their attention."

"It's okay," I assure her. "They are mates, after all. It's hard to fight their feelings. I don't want to hold it against either one of them."

Clarissa sighs, "you're too nice, Autumn. Too nice. People are going to hurt you if you keep being that way"

She wasn't the first person to say this to me. I've been this way my entire life. It was hard to imagine myself any other way.

It suddenly reminds me of the tattoo of Damon's name, I'd seen on her. She doesn't like Anya either.Maybe,she has her reasons for that, but I think her primary reason must be because of Damon.

So, Its true then? What I had seen was real? Was that a tattoo of his name on her Butt? If that's the case then, I feel sorry for her. She wasn't the only person who liked someone who was in love with someone else. It just happenes to be that both men we wanted were involved with the same women.

"I'm happy Atticus married you."She confesses. "Anya was making him unhappy, and I don't think he even realizes it. You are different from her. You can make him happy if he just opened his heart to you."

Hearing Clarissa say that to me literally warmed my heart. If Atticus didn't like me, I was at least lucky that All of his family did. They were all kind to me from the beginning.

Even Damon and Dante, Even though they barely speak to me when Anya was around, and I understood why.Anya must have warned them, or maybe they decided to keep their distance when she was around.Because For her, I was the reason why she was always sad recently. Maybe they just didn't wanted to hurt her.

But still they always gave me there comforting side as they always did in the past, just like the rest of their family.

"Thank you for welcoming me into your family. I'm also happy that I married into a family like yours. You're all so kind to me." I thank her.