Clarrisa's POV

I have.

I have touched his hair.

I love touching his hair.

I don’t know if Damon knows that he always groans whenever I play with his hair, but I love the sound he makes. If I could hear it every day, it would make me so happy.

“Clarissa,” he whispers. “Answer me.” I can’t help myself as I slowly reach up and run my hand through his already-styled hair. His breath hitches, and I wait; I wait to hear the groan I love so much.

When I do hear it, my heart rate increases.

“See,” I whisper. “His hair is soft.” My eyes flash dangerously when my words finally sink in.

He gently grabs my wrist and pulls my hand away, but he doesn’t let go of it.

“What are you saying?” He asks cautiously before taking a step towards me.

“What do you think I’m saying?” I answer his question with one of my own.

“I’m wearing a white shirt. I have blue eyes. According to you, my hair is soft.” He repeats my words. “Are you saying you put on this dress for me?”

My body shivers at his question, and I don’t know why. Before I could answer him, Anya pushed me away and wrapped her arms around Damon’s neck.

My heart ached as she leaned forward and pulled him in for a passionate kiss.

Damon grabs her waist and pulls her closer to him. Why does he even love someone like her?

Does he not realize by now how hard it is for me to see him with her? Of course, he doesn’t know Clarissa, you’ve never done anything for him to realize your true feelings.

He now knew that I dressed up just for him; wasn’t that enough of a hint? Or did he think I was lying to get him to stop asking me questions?

Autumn grabbed my arm and pulled me over to where she was standing with Atticus. They’d just finished their dance.

“Can you get something to drink for me?” She asks him. He nods and leaves the two of us alone.

I’m sure she’d done that so we could speak about Damon.

“Are you okay?” She asks me. I shook my head. “Not in the least. It’s so hard for me to see him with her. I feel like recently she’s been kissing him more in public than in the past.”

Autumn nods, “I’ve also noticed that. Maybe she’s behaving this way because she’s already lost Atticus and doesn’t want to lose Damon also.”

Then why wasn’t she also kissing Dante like that? Was she okay with losing him?

“They’re still kissing,” I mumble. I can’t hide the hurt from my voice.

“That’s good.” She tells me. “That will give us enough time to find you a dancing partner for the night. Like I told you, Damon is too comfortable, you need to make him worry.”

I think Autumn was right. Earlier, when he thought I was speaking about a random guy, I’d seen a side to him I’ve rarely seen before.

“I think I know the right person for the job,” Autumn tells me; I’m surprised by how happy she is. Who did she find?

“Look at him,” she tells me as she tilts her head to the person next to us.

My eyes widen.

Ares Prince.

Carter’s younger brother.

“You’re insane!” I hiss.

“Why not?” She demands.