Autumn's POV

"What was that?" I demand as I hear an explosion.

I try to look back, but they grab my neck and keep my head facing forward.

"It's nothing for you to worry about." They assure me.

My heart is racing, and I know I can't trust them. Atticus warned me that they couldn't be trusted.

"If you're thinking that we broke our end of the promise, you're mistaken." Owen, the eldest overlord, said.

I'd just learned his name after hearing the others call him that.

"We did not hurt any of your loved ones. At least not yet, if you try anything stupid, that will change quickly."

I swallow and settle back into my seat without saying another word.

"Where are you taking me?" l ask after a few minutes have passed.

"Back home. Where we live." Alistair answers before Owen can.

They were a lot more relaxed now that they had me. It was another side to them than what l just saw.

"Why are you taking me there?" I ask "Don't you want to kill me?"

"Don't tempt me to do it right now," Jagger warns.

I bite my lips to force myself to remain quiet. I'm not sure if they were carrying me to their home to torture me, I just knew that there was a reason that I was still alive, I had no clue what that reason was, 

However. They weren't taking any chances with me. they made me switch vehicles multiple times throughout the trip back to their home.

It's almost like they were scared that they would be ambushed.

Were they looking out for my father's men?

I was surprised that they'd let me get taken by the overlords in the first place. Did they not want me alive?

I was sure that they were keeping a close eye me. They must know by now that the overlords have taken me.

"Finally." Jagger mumbles. "She's quiet."

My eyes are closed, and he might think that I'm asleep.

"No one thinks you're asleep." Someone says.

I opened my eyes wide, and it was the one with deep blue eyes, his name was Dash.

How the hell did he know what I was thinking?

He smirks, "Are you surprised I can read your mind, girl?"

I was so shocked that I felt sick to my stomach. How long has he been reading my mind?

"Since the very beginning." He chuckles. "I'm the one that told my brothers we could trust your words. I knew you wouldn't try anything stupid to protect Atticus."

I felt worse than before, knowing now that it was true. All this time, he could read our minds. It means they weren't surprised over anything except maybe when I attacked.

They played with us while asking those questions, waiting for our responses.

How many people were aware that Dash could read their minds?

I assume they're only letting me in on the secret because they knew they would eventually get rid of me. They weren't worried about me letting anyone else find out the truth.

What special abilities did the others have? Was Dash the only one that could read minds?

He claimed that he was the one that confirmed they could trust me, which meant he had to be the only one that was able to tell I was being honest.