Clarrisa's POV

I’m glued to my spot, unable to move as everyone looks at me, waiting to hear my response. I hate angering Damon this way. I hate the tone he’s using with me, but maybe this was the only way to get a reaction out of him. However, I knew this was enough for today. I knew it was time to end this game.

“You don’t always have to do as he says,” Ares tells me. “You can stay if you want to. We have plenty more activities planned for today. I’m sure you will enjoy it if you’re already enjoying this little game.”

Damon takes a step in our direction, and I knew I had to act fast before Damon did something crazy like punch him. That was the last thing I wanted to happen today.

“No,” I apologize. “I have to leave now. We have a few things that need to get done at home.”

I didn’t want to stay here if Damon wasn’t around. Besides, Damon was getting angrier by the second, and I didn’t want a repeat of what happened with Carter and his teammates in the past. I knew the mess that little incident caused our family, and I didn’t want to add to it.

Ares shrugs his shoulders, “It’s a pity, but there are always other opportunities for us to continue the game.”

Damon grabs my hand and pulls me out of the beach house with him. He doesn’t give Ares a chance to say anything more to me. I was happy he’d practically dragged me away; pretending to like Ares was not the best idea. It was also very difficult to do. Anya tries to keep up with the both of us. Griffin and Autumn are right behind as well.

Damon lets go of my hand as soon as we are away from the crowd. My cheeks are red when Griffin looks at the both of us like we’ve lost our minds.

“What you two did in there, I’ll never like to speak about it again after today,” Griffin says. “How about we forget it even happened! I’ll hate for that news to hit our parents. Damn, imagine if Atticus or Dante hears about this. Most likely they will since word spreads like crazy. I hope you’re ready to give a proper explanation.”

None of these things crossed my mind when I walked over to Damon and kissed him earlier. Luckily, Ares has this rule where no one is allowed to take any videos or pictures at his parties. We didn’t have to worry about a video of us kissing popping up on our phones.

And we didn’t have to worry about our pictures showing up in magazines.

“I’d like to forget it ever happened as well,” Anya says in a dry tone. “I can’t believe Clarissa did something like that.”

She turns to me then and says in a disgusted tone, “He’s your brother. You should have said no to Ares and those fools for insisting that you guys kiss. I understand that you’re not used to games like that or being in the company of popular groups other than your family, but you should have known better.”

“Hey,” Autumn cuts in. “Don’t make it sound worse than it is. Besides, let’s not forget that you also kissed someone else inside there. Why aren’t we talking about that instead of focusing only on Clarissa? If it was that easy to say no, why didn’t you?”

I’d almost forgotten about that kiss. Autumn always knew the right thing to say. She’d moved the focus from me to Anya. At least for now. I wasn’t sure how long it would stay that way.

“It was just a game,” Anya retorts.

“Exactly,” Autumn says. “Just a game. So we can drop this discussion now. No one is to blame for anything. It was an innocent game, and it’s over now. We can all pretend it never even happened. I’m sure everyone at the party has already forgotten about it.”

I was glad I had Autumn to get me out of this conversation. Only she knew how badly I wanted that kiss with Damon. And it was only possible because of her. I still had to thank her for what she’d done.