Autumn's POV

Reading my mother's diary has become my new favorite thing to do. It made me feel closer to her. It was my only memory of her, I could read anything she wrote for hours.

Surprisingly, it was my comfort during the time I spent locked in this room.

I didn't understand how she got the strength to kill my dad when she loved him so much. It must have broken her heart in two.

What was he like?

What did he look like?

Was he scary to look at?

Did his eyes look cold and soulless?

I was probably better off never knowing any of these things.

I'm still unsure what the overlords plan to do with me, but I was okay with them never coming to get me.

That thought quickly gets thrown out. My eyes are glued to the door when I hear footsteps coming my way. They were finally here for me.

It's been a day since I've been locked in this room, and there has been no sign of Atticus or my family.
I was worried that the overlords had lied to me.

Did they harm Atticus yesterday? Was that why I'd heard an explosion? Did they also punish his family as well as mine?

There were so many questions that I wish I had the answers to.

The door flies open, and I try to act unbothered by their presence. I didn't want to show them what they did to me.

"Come with us," Jagger says as he grabs my arm.

Dash is also here, and I make another mental note to keep him out of my thoughts as much as possible.

Even if he could hear my thoughts, it didn't matter, I wasn't planning anything crazy, and it's also possible that Atticus wasn't coming for me.

I was alone. No one was coming for me. Not Atticus. Not my family. Not my friends. I had to sit back and watch them harm me.

"Where are you taking me?" I ask.

"We want to determine just how powerful you are," Owen answers me.

I didn't expect him to give me a straightforward answer.

"And how do you plan on determining that?" I inquire, genuinely curious.

I also wanted to know just how strong I was and what I could do. I wasn't sure if their method would
be the right way.

"By inflicting pain on you." He answered me, and I immediately stopped walking.

"What?" I demand.

He quirks a brow at me, "Did you think no pain would be involved? This has to be done for us to determine what to do with you. If you're not as dangerous as your father, we can keep you alive while locked in one of our cells designed for someone like you. However, if you're just as powerful as your father, we will have no choice but to get rid of you."

How could they possibly kill me?

From what I've heard, there had to be a specific weapon to kill my father. I assume it would be the same for me.

But my father wasn't a hybrid. I am one. maybe I can be killed like any other werewolf.

Dash looks at me, and he smirks. Once again, he was reading my mind, invading my privacy.

"Aren't you supposed to be the good guys?" I seeth. "You're supposed to protect the people. I haven't once harmed anyone innocent. I don't hurt others for my pleasure. Are you so scared of a girl that has done nothing to you or anyone around you because of who her father is?"