CHAPTERS 851-855

CHAPTER 851

Even though Ambrose was not his biological child, he was such a good kid—how could he not like him?

There was a hint of reminiscence on Monica's face as she thought about that.

She knew that Darryl had been dead for a year, and he would never appear in her life again. Still, she did not know why her heart would ache whenever Ambrose addressed Kenny as his father.

She lifted her head to look at the white clouds in the blue sky as she contemplated that.

'Darryl, I wanted to be with you forever. But who knows that fate has a different destiny for us. If you can hear me from heaven, please watch over our child. Let him grow up healthily and be a hero someday, just like you did.'

...

Meanwhile, at the Palace Hall in the New World's Royal City.

The New World Emperor sat expressionless on his dragon throne.

His officials stood on both sides, just beneath the throne.

It was an important day—the emperor had decided to attack the World Universe once again.

Their previous attack had failed, and it had caused significant damage to their vitality. After a year of training and cultivation, their strength had improved. Darryl Darby was also dead, so they would definitely be able to conquer the World Universe!

"Your Majesty, I suggest we send the troops out to conquer the World Universe tomorrow!"

Each official had their own opinions, so it was a heated discussion. Some thought they should immediately send the troops, while some thought they should wait a little while longer.

None of them could come to an agreement in that discussion in the main palace hall.

The emperor frowned as he lifted his hand to silence them. Then he turned to Sloan and asked "Sloan, my Warrior Goddess, what are your thoughts?"

Sloan said plainly "We can send the troops there anytime. And this time, we shall defeat them." One could see the confidence in her eyes.

At the same time, the Country Secretary approached them slowly before he said respectfully "Your Majesty, I don't think it matters when you send the troops out. I would suggest that we arrange a worship ceremony at the Heavenly Earth Altar first! It is still not too late to send the troops after we've done that."

"Yes!" The emperor nodded. "We didn't give our prayers to heaven when we first attacked the World Universe. This time, I must go to Heavenly Earth Altar, and give my prayers to our ancestors and heaven! They shall protect my troops and me. We will win every battle, and we shall conquer the World Universe!"

"All hail to His Majesty, our emperor!" The officials knelt as they praised him.

The New World Emperor laughed and stood up from his dragon throne. He waved as he said "Follow me to the Heavenly Earth Altar! We'll offer our prayers there!"

"Yes, Your Majesty!" they replied in unison.

The emperor led the officials and several thousand royal guards to the Heavenly Earth Altar.

At three-quarters past noon, the New World Emperor stepped toward the altar with three joss sticks in his hands.

The moment he stepped onto the platform, his expression darkened.