CHAPTERS 1031-1035

At that moment, outside the room.

All the Carter family's disciples felt terible after they witnessed that tragic incident.

For the next few days, the Carters rebuilt their mansion and increased its surrounding area's security. Security booths were set up every few feeet around the estate, and a patrol team was initiated to guard the place.

Donoghue had escaped, but he might return someday.

So, everyone in the Carter family remained on full alert.

Suddenly, a slim figure appeared. She wore a face mask; sweat covered her forehead, and her bright eyes shone with worries.

It was Lily.

For the past two days, she had remained around the Carter mansion as she waited for Darryl's return. She had overheard the conversation between two Carter family's disciples that Darryl was on his deathbed. She was worried, and after some hesitation, she decided to see him.

"Stop! Who are you?"

Just as she arrived at the main door entrance, a few Carter family's disciple stopped her.

"I want to se Darryl!"

There was sweat on her face, and her eyes showed desperation.

The disciples checked Lily out, and one of them asked, "Who are you to him?"

His eyes were full of doubts.

After the Donoghue incident, the entire Carter family was on full alert. They would question any strangers they encountered on the family estate.

"I am his—"

Lily wanted to say that she was Darryl's wife. However, after a few words,  she changed her mind and said, "I am his friend."

'Now that I look so ugly, I don't deserve to be Darryl's wife.'

'No matter what, I must see Darryl.'

'As long as I know he is safe; I will not need to worry then.'

"Friend? What is your name? Where did you come from?" The disciple continued to ask more questions; he did not let his guard down.

'This woamn claims to be Young Master's friend, but she wore a mask and dared not show her face. How suspicious!'

Lily was worried. "I am really Darryl's friend. Please let me go in to see him. I will just take one look at him from outside the door, and then I will leave. Just one look—"

However, the disciples did not give way.

"What's going on?"

At that moment, A voice was heard from a distance, and soon, Dax appeared and walked toward them.

"Sect Master Sanders, this woman wants to meet our Young Master. We noticed that she look suspicious, so we are questioning her." The disciples reported the situation quickly.

Suspicious woman?

Dax's face darkened as he looked at Lily, "Who are you?"

"Dax!"

Lily was delighted, and she asked quickly, "How is Darryl? is he alright?"

Dax did not reply immediately but continued to ask coldly, "Who are you?"

To Dax, Matteo had killed Lily a long time ago. Since Lily wore a mask, there was no way that Dax could have recognized her.

Lily was anxious as she replied. "Dax, I am Lily."