CHAPTERS 1041-1045

Lindsay's face changed when she heard his words. "You gave me poison? What do you want?"

Darryl smiled coldly. "I want you to back to Donoghue and spy on him. Report back to the Carter family every fortnight. Understand?"

Previously, Donoghue had ordered Lindsay to control Yvonne.

So, Darryl wanted to do the same to Lindsay. He wanted her to act against Donoghue.

He wanted to serve that man with his own medicine!

"I understand." Lindsay immediately nodded; she dared not refuse him.

There was no way she could reject his request. When she thought about how her body would rot without the antidote, Lindsay shivered.

Darryl nodded; it was a sign for the family disciples to release Lindsay. Then, he bade farewell to everyone and headed toward Mistloren.

Chester, Debra and others walked him to the main entrance before they returned to the mansion.

After Darryl left the Carter mansion, he did not head straight to Mistloren. Instead, he had rushed to Donghai City.

He was still worried about another person, and that was Lily.

He arrived in front of Lily Lyndon's residence in only half an hour. When he saw the door shut tight, he shouted, "Lilybud, Lilybud!"

Even though the door was shut, Darryl knew that Lily was home.

Darryl felt as if he could feel her breath.

'Hubby! Why is he here?'

Lily had been resting on the second floor when she heard his shouts; she panicked. Her heart raced and pounded.

Lily wanted to open the door so badly, but she did not have the courage to do that!

Darryl was unsure of how many times he had shouted, but Lily did not respond to him. His heart ached.

"Lilybud, I know you are here. I have to go somewhere far away; I am not sure when I will be back. Please take good care of yourself, and wait for my return, alright? I will visit you immediately after my return."

Then, Darryl turned and left.

Lily quickly walked toward the side of the second-floor window in her stilettos. She looked through the curtain gap. When she saw Darryl's shadow as he left, her heart clenched. Tears wet her face.

"My dear husband, you must take good care of yourself too. I will wait for you; I will wait for you forever." LIly cried as she mumbled to herself.

At Mistloren, Wanhai City.

Wanhai City was one of the largest cities in Mistloren. There were tall buildings everywhere, and the streets were busy—it was a prosperous city.

At that moment, a smart tidy, young man stood on a street in Wanhai City's busiest city center.

He wore a fitted black suit that showed off his tall figure and smart features. He looked really smart from top to toe, and he showed an exceptional aura.

That young man was Darryl.

Darryl held a local mobile phone in his hand. The phone came with a Mistloren phone number.

Felix had arranged the attire and mobile phone for him.

Even though Mistloren and World Universe were similar technologically advances societies, they were located on two separate continents. Even though they were connected, their communication network was not merged.