45-46

Chapter 45 The Secret of the Rich Family (12)
Eye protectionTurn off the lights
bigmiddleSmall
"Knock knock."

There was a continuous vibration from the door panel that spread to the thin body pressed against the door. The sudden knock on the door made his whole body tremble.

"Ma'am, could you please open the door?"

There was a young man's gentle and humble voice outside the door, which seemed a little vague under the pounding rain.

Why did Qi Ren come here at this time?

"Madam, the second master invites you to go to his study to discuss important matters." Qi Ren knocked on the door regularly, his voice became softer and softer, as if he was coaxing a panicked prey. "Ma'am, please open the door."

Ruan Yao asked in a panic: "Who was shouting just now?"

The woman's scream was so shrill that it almost tore her throat.

Qi Ren spoke dimly through the door panel: "A wild cat jumped into the kitchen. Zhang Ma is most afraid of these animals. I'm sorry to scare Madam."

Would you be so scared when you encounter a wild cat?

According to the setting, Ruan Yao's original body didn't care about the likes and dislikes of the servants, so Ruan Yao didn't know that Zhang Ma was afraid of cats.

Ruan Yao had a gut feeling that Qi Ren was lying to him.

In other words, is the person outside the door really Qi Ren?

He bit his lip and sent the man away from the door first, "I understand. I'll be there in a moment. You can go back first."

Ruan Yao was in a state of confusion. Now she just wanted to figure out what was going on between the Gu Jin on the phone and the "Gu Jin" she met in the study. They obviously had the same face, and the other was a tyrannical sun that could burn everything. The other one was as cold as the cold moon in the dark night. Just looking at him felt like falling into an ice cellar, with chills of fear rising all over his body.

This man is a more dangerous creature than Gu Jin.

"He's not Gu Jin... right?" Ruan Yao asked in a dull voice.

The system said nothing, and a huge green check appeared on the screen.

If it's not Gu Jin...then who could he be? They have the same face and said some strange things...

"Madam, the second master said that you must come to the study. If you don't come, he will be angry." Qi Ren actually didn't leave yet and kept knocking on the door.

It was obviously supposed to be persuasive, but there was a hint of persecution in the words.

The pouring rain drowned out all the noise in the hall below.

Qi Ren was a submissive and somewhat cowardly man, and he would never force Ruan Yao to do anything so relentlessly.

Ruan Yao couldn't figure out for a while who the man who looked exactly like Gu Jin was, and he was extremely upset: "I know!"

After all, he couldn't really let Qi Ren just stand outside his door and knock all night.

Thin white fingers were placed on the metal doorknob, and the round metal ball touched Ruan Yao's palm.

"Madam, hurry up and open the door." The man seemed to be smiling outside the door.

The door lock turned half a turn, and what seemed to outsiders to be an ignorant and naive lamb took the initiative to offer its tender and delicious meat.