153-154 【END】

Chapter 153

Chu Lingyi woke up from her nightmare, with a cold moonlight reflected in her dark eyes.

The fear of being forced to watch his lover die in the fire turned into insects biting at the tense nerves, forcing out the sudden pain in his temples.

He took a few hard breaths in a cold sweat, squeezing out the thin oxygen from his rising and falling chest, and his trachea felt as if it had been run over inch by inch by a sharp blade.

The sweet smell of blood fills your mouth.

There were few things that could make Chu Lingyi, a man who controlled most of S City's business empire at such a young age, afraid of being like this.

Let alone an illusory nightmare.

The noise he made when he woke up was too loud, and his heavy breathing and rapid rise and fall of his chest inevitably disturbed the sleeping people around him.

A sound like a kitten's meowing escaped from the arched quilt, and then a hand was rudely slapped on the face of this upper-class upstart who was feared by everyone.

Chu Lingyi's head was covered in cold sweat, but when the hand touched his cheek, he suddenly relaxed. There was an incredible tremor in the end of his voice: "Yaoyao?"

A fluffy head rubbed impatiently in the man's arms, which meant to warn the man not to disturb his sleep.

In the thick darkness where he couldn't see his fingers, Chu Lingyi held the thin wrist of the person next to him with a cautious and gentle force as if he were handling a rare treasure. Only when the warm flesh fell into his palm did he know that he had returned to reality.

The desperate fires in the dream are all fake.

The unforgettable pain of losing a loved one forever is also fake.

The man's pale lips gently touched the soft white palm. When the dry lips rubbed against the delicate palm, there was a numb and itchy feeling. The master tried to take his hand back, but Chu Lingyi used a little force with evil intentions, and the roundness The bones were forced against the man's generous palm, unable to break free.

Ruan Yao couldn't resist the itching that made his scalp numb. He opened his eyes in frustration and stared at his idiot brother who was so nervous in the middle of the night: "Why are you so crazy?"

When he cursed, his tone was so soft, it didn't sound like he was questioning, but like a bad-tempered kitten nuzzling its owner's neck and acting coquettishly.

The man who had always been good-tempered and coaxing Ruan Yao suddenly turned bad. He grabbed one of Ruan Yao's hands and put his face in front of Ruan Yao's nose: "I can't sleep."

"Yaoyao, I have a nightmare."

Ruan Yao didn't care about him. It was too annoying to be woken up by someone in the middle of the night. He frowned and glared at the man for a while with his round eyes that were always full of water, and reluctantly stuffed himself into the man like a large hug bear. In her arms, her tone was still hard: "I'm going to sleep."

Chu Lingyi caught the fragrant "hug bear", turned over on the bed, pressed the person under her, and kissed those sleepy but still beautiful eyes.

He remembered that when Ruan Yao and him officially met, it should be in high school.

Before that, he had always been a despicable mouse living in the gutter. He could only look at the star-like boy from a distance and did not even dare to tell his real name.

I thought that such a star-studded boy would hate myself as an illegitimate son, and I had already expected that my high school would not be peaceful.

In the beginning, some people did do some bad things to him, but they were only limited to the secret alienation and stumbling between students. Chu Lingyi knew that he was not as good as these wealthy young masters who could do whatever they wanted, so he could only grit his teeth. I just thought I could get into college.