~*Chapter 25*~

Dedication: Tassia because she's my best friend. Go read her stories and follow her. She's amazing and her work deserves way more attention than it has. :)

**Jessica's POV**

"This way," Caleb whispered as he led me down the street. We were weaving in and out of the mad work rush to get home. He was apparently taking me to see the Empire State Building. I was honestly excited. I've heard it's a popular place and a must see when you visit NYC.

"Watch out!" Caleb yelled, pulling me to the side. A dog was being chased by its owner and almost ran me over.

"Thanks," I mumbled, straightening myself up.

"Look," Caleb said, pointing to somewhere high in front of us. I followed to where his finger was pointing, smiling at was in front of me.

"Wow," I breathed. Caleb nodded and grabbed my hand, leading me through an even bigger crowd. It took us almost five minutes to reach the base of the giant building. We stopped right before the double doors that led inside. I was amazed as I looked up, just barely seeing the top of the gigantic building.

"Cool isn't it?" Caleb asked from beside me. I nodded my head enthusiastically and continued to stare at the amazing sight. The sky was starting to get dark, and the buildings were lighting up, making the sight even more spectacular.

"We got to go. Don't want to get caught standing here," Caleb whispered in my ear, pulling me away. I watched the building as long as I could, but I had to pay attention to where we were going.

"Where are we headed now?" I asked, just realizing our fingers were intertwined. I blushed at the thought but wouldn't dare move away.

"To the boardwalk, if that's okay with you," Caleb said, looking at me for confirmation.

"Sounds wonderful," I confirmed. We walked the rest of the way in silence.

"Oh no!" Caleb shouted, coming to a halt. I looked at him curiously.

"What's wrong?" I asked, concerned. He seemed really worried.

"I forgot the fries," he pouted. I had to refrain a giggle.

"Don't worry! It's fine, we can eat them when we go back," I reassured. He slowly looked up at me, doubt written on his face.

"Are you sure?" He asked hesitantly. I nodded and he smiled.

"Okay good, lets go then." He said. I giggled as I trailed behind him.

"Here we are!" He announced in a weird voice. I gave him an odd look and we both burst out laughing.

"It's amazing," I breathed, looking at the sight around us. The lights of the city glowed off the water. The water was still, a few ruffles here and there.

"Race you to the water?" Caleb asked, a sly smirk on his face.

"Wa--" I called, but he was off. I laughed and ran after him. He emerged himself in the water, and I followed suit. It was cold.

"I'm cold," I said, my teeth chattering. I rubbed my hands up and down my arms, trying to get rid of the goosebumps.

"Come here," Caleb demanded. I moved towards him and he wrapped me in his arms, instantly warming me up. His head rested on mine as mine rested against his chest. "Better?"

"Much," I said, smiling wide. This moment was perfect.

"What are you lot doing in the water?" A voice called. I would recognize that voice anywhere. I froze and clung to Caleb tighter.