~*Chapter 39*~

IMPORTANT AUTHORS NOTE AT THE END. PLEASE READ.

**Alex's POV**

"What are we going to do?" I cried for the thousandth. I was currently sat on the couch. Harry sat beside me with his arm across my shoulders. Ever since I had been struck with the news of Jess, I had been a mess. The boys, especially Harry, have been doing all they can to try and get me to calm down, but nothing seemed to be working. There were almost as worked up as I was. Jess was like a little sister to them. They've always looked after her, and been super protective over her. At least they got to say goodbye.

"Al, please, just calm down," Harry tried, but it didn't seem to be working.

"I can't!" I exclaimed. Harry continued to rub his hand up and down my back. It was comforting. After a few minutes of silence, a knock came from the front door. We all looked at each other, silently deciding who would answer it.

"I'll get it," Niall said as he hopped to his feet. I sent him a grateful look. He disappeared into the front of the room, while the rest of us remained seated and quiet.

"Look who showed up," Niall said as he walked back into the room. He stepped to the side to expose who had come. Caleb. Relief slowly droned into me.

"Caleb," I breathed. He came over to me and leaned down. He gave me a gentle hug.

"What are you doing here?" Harry asked from beside me.

"Guess who showed up to my work not too long ago?" Caleb addressed to the group. We all stared blankly back at him. "Jess."

The sound of her name made me perk up.

"What was she doing at your work?" I asked. "Wait, where do you work?"

"I just started working at McDonald's. Her and Mike came in for food," Caleb explained.

"Who's Mike?" I questioned.

"The social security worker," Harry whispered in my ear. I nodded my head in understanding.

"I know Mike and Michelle. They've done the same thing to me. They really do work for social security, but they aren't exactly the nicest of people. When I was with them, I got sent to a shit house. It was awful there. Lucky for you, I know where their building is, we can get Jess before she is sent off," Caleb said. I stared at him wide eyed.

"Are you serious?" I asked, hope bubbling within me. Caleb nodded.

"Yes. They probably already have a home ready for her, so we need to move fast," he said. We all nodded in unison and jumped to our feet. I'm pretty sure that was the fastest I have ever moved.

We all piled into the car. Caleb sat up front with Louis so he could direct him where to go. Harry sat with me in his arms. I was shaking from nerves. I've lost Jess once, and I'm not going to loose her again.

--

After at least a thirty minute drive, we got to the office. Harry, Caleb, and I were the only ones who went in. Jess was my sister, and I needed Harry there with me. I feel so powerful when he is with me, and I don't know why. Also, Caleb is technically Jess's boyfriend, and he knows these people.

The office was bigger than I had expected it to be. There was a main front desk, with smaller offices scattered here and there.

"It's the third door on the left," Caleb said. Harry and I trailed behind him as he led us the right place. A sign on the door read, 'Mike and Michelle. Know before entering.' My eyes rolled. Caleb knocked three times on the door.

"Come in," a gruff voice called from inside the room. I took a deep breath before slowly squeaking the door open. A gruff looking man sat behind the desk. He didn't even look up as we entered.