That's what you're wearing?

It was just another Tuesday morning. I was sitting on the bus with my best friends Jamie and Amy as the bus drove to different stops, we continued to talk. Jamie and Amy were speaking but I just kept my head against the window.
"I think he likes me" Jamie ranted over and over.
"I know right he kept staring at you during math." Amy squealed.
I'll admit I was jealous. But it was partially only my fault. I like Evan. He was adorable and had a great personality. But I never told my friends because, I just  wasn't ready to tell them, and I kinda didn't want to. But apparently it didn't matter because he was obviously interested in Jamie. The bus arrived in front of our High School and all the people retreated out of the bus. We always skipped breakfast and went straight to our lockers.
"JamieI didn't want to tell you, but Evan is asking you out today!"
"Are you shitting me Amy!!"
"That's what I heard!! Omg you guys are gonna be so cute. Right Y/N?"
I wasn't always good at hiding my feelings. But I acted as if it was ok. Its kind of hard to be reminded over and over your crush prefers your best friend over you.
"Yeah. Im so happy for you Jamie." I said sarcastically.
But Jamie and Amy were of course oblivious to my actions and feelings. The both of them went off to the bathroom with me following behind. This was my life, third wheeling. Even if there were only me and someone else, i'd still find a way to be the third wheel. We walked into the bathroom and Jamie began to fix her makeup. She made her eyeliner bolder and put more lip gloss on her lips. She then applied mascara to her eyelashes.
"You should really use some of this Y/N. It will do wonders for your face." Jamie laughed.
She thought it was a joke but I was slightly offended. By the time we left the bathroom first period was soon to begin. We went upstairs and waited outside the door. Jamie and Amy were speaking when I noticed a boy walking towards us. A boy that happened to be Evan.
"Hey!" he said standing in front of me. I smiled at him and waved.
"Hey Evan." Jamie said and slightly bit her lip.
Evan turned to me and looked me dead in the eye. I looked back but quickly looked away. I always hated making eye contact with people.
"So Jamie um... I was wondering if we could hangout tonight."
A feeling I couldn't describe went through me. It was a mixture of jealousy, sadness, and anger. Jamie giggled a little and pretended to act shy even though she had the most confidence a high schooler could ever have.
"Uh I think i can. Give me your number so I could call you."
Jamie took her phone out of her book bag and typed in the digits Evan read to her.
"Thanks, I got to get to class. See you tonight?"
"Maybe" Jamie smiled back.
Evan walked down the hallway but when he passed me he looked into my eyes. I looked back this time. He then just turned around and kept walking. I was to busy looking at Evan to see that Jamie and Amy were squealing about what just happened. But i wasn't to fond of the idea.
************************skip to end of the day*********************
I was waiting at Jamie's locker with Amy for about 15 minutes. She finally came strolling back with a big grin on his face.
"What took so long?" Amy asked.
"You guys cant come over today. Sorry babes"
"Why?" I asked
"Yeah Jamie  thats what we do. I have no where else to go until my mom gets home."
"Fine, but you guys have to leave when Evan arrives."
A sharp pang of jealousy went through me.
"Why is Evan coming?" I said a little less bitchy than I wanted to sound.
"Well I invited him over so we could leave together."
"Ok." Amy stated.
Jamie and Amy walked out of the school with me trailing behind as usual. We got into the car with me in the back seat. We drove to Jamie's house and we all got in.
"Girls I'm gonna freshen up upstairs. Do whatever you guys like but do not drink the sparkling water."
She went upstairs and closed her room door. Amy went into her kitchen and grabbed one of her sparkling water bottles.
"Jamie said we couldn't drink those."
"As in you guys, she means you. And plus, I do what I want."
She shrugged and sipped on her water bottle. I just pulled out my phone and started to play crossy road.
"You know if your gonna have the iPhone, at least upgrade to the 5c. What is that, the iPhone 2s?"
Amy stated laughing at her own joke. But I just ignored her.
The doorbell rang and it echoed through Jamie's house. Amy got up and looked through the peep hole. She than straightened her headband and smoothed out her short skirt. She opened the door that revealed Evan.
She greeted him with a fake smile and he waved at her. He then turned to me and waved. I did the same to him. He sat next to me on the sofa.
"So where's Jamie?' He asked
"Oh she's upstairs. Ill go tell her you're here." Amy said perkily as she skipped up the stairs. Evan sighed and I scooted a little further from him praying he wouldn't notice.
"So how are you Y/N?"
"Im fine" I said not really wanting to speak to him.
He was taking Jamie out, which meant as her friend, he was off limits. As in no speaking to him, or close contact. It was like one of the main rules of feminism. According to Jamie anyways.
"There's no need for you to be weird around me. I won't bite." He said and he smiled.
Just then Jamie walked down the stairs. She was wearing a tight dress that complimented her curves perfectly. She had on a shit load of makeup, but it didn't make her look like a clown. She curled her hair perfectly and she was wearing heels. She looked perfect. She walked over to Evan and motioned for him to stand up.
"Sorry to keep you waiting. We could go now."
"You look great Jamie." Evan said and she smiled. And I mentally slapped him. 
"But is that what you're wearing?"
"Yeah what's wrong? You don't like it?"
"No its just I thought... ok whatever. Let's just go."
Jamie grabbed his hand and pulled him towards the door but Evan stopped.
"What about them?" He asked.
"They were just leaving, right girls?" She was indirectly kicking us out.
I grabbed my bag and started to walk out until Evan put his hand out and grabbed my wrist to stop me.
"Y/N can come along with us. So can the other one" I was going to say no until Jamie cut me off.
"Of course not Evan, they wouldn't wanna come. Plus Y/N is extra busy today. Maybe some other-"
"Actually Jamie, I have zero plans today." I turned to Evan and looked him in the eye.
"And I'd love to tag along with you."
I felt Jamie's eyes burning through the back of my head. I didn't know where this confidence was coming from, but I kinda liked it. But what did I just get myself into!?