Disorders 13

Fathers POV
"John stop beating yourself up over this." Constance said as she put her hands on my shoulder softly.
I sat on a chair pushed into the dining room table. This is where we sit for dinner. Y/N sits to left of me, but she wasn't there now. She hasn't been for the past 5 months. And it's all my fault. The letter she wrote me is balled up inside my fist. That's where it's been since the day I found it.
"We'll find h-"
"Can you stop saying that!" I snapped at her and shrugged her hands off me.
"You've been saying that since November Constance. We're in the middle of April already!" I shouted at her and let the paper in my hand fall to the floor.
"J-"
"No Constance. She's my daughter not yours okay? You don't feel what I feel. It's my fault  I drove her away!" I yelled at her again feeling my eyes began to sting.
I looked the other way not wanting Constance to see me cry or even tear up. It's my fault she's gone.
"Just...I need some space." I said as I walked upstairs to Y/N's room.
I opened the door and saw Tate standing there holding her pillow. He was crying and looked up at me when I walked in.
"What are you doing in here." I asked him calmly.
He looked at the pillow one last time before putting it back down. He looked at me and didn't stop crying.
"I-I miss her." Tate said as he wiped away his tears but they just kept falling.
I sighed and knew I should do something to comfort him. Even though Y/N was my daughter and he's just her step brother, I knew I wasn't the only one who was sad she was gone. I put my hand on his shoulder and pulled him into a hug patting his back. "You should go get some sleep." I said to him and he looked at me for a few seconds, and then left.
I shut the door and just looked around her room, wishing she would walk in any second and yell at me to get out. But she didn't. And she won't.
I've been an awful father. There's no excuse for the way I've acted, I ignored her when she needed me the most.
The night she ran away, we sat side by side at dinner. She tried to get my attention but I ignored her.
If only I knew that would be the last time is see her, or be in the same room with her. I wouldn't sit there like a prick. I'd acknowledge her presence. I'd hug her and tell her how much I love her. Because I really love her. But it's to late. She's gone. She may be dead. As much as I would love to ignore that option, it's true.
I just want her back. I need her back.

Y/N's POV
Lily let go of me and I turned my attention back to the TV. I took a sip of my cocoa and placed he mug down on the coffee table on top of one of the coasters.
I yawned softly and snook a glance at Lily. She was so perfect. She was flawless, selfless, kind, and most of all, she was normal. Those are things I'd never come close close to being.
"You tired?" She asked me smiling and I nodded.
"Yeah a little. I'm fine here though." I said thanking her.
"Of course you would be. You've been sleeping on a bench for God knows how long." She said chuckling and I laughed slightly.
"But I couldn't let you sleep on this thing. I have a guest bedroom upstairs. You're welcomed to stay there if you'd like." She said and I nodded softly.
"Actually Lily, I was thinking...I'm ready to go home." I said not making eye contact.
"Really?" She said looking at me.
"Not that I don't like here. It's amazing..you're amazing I just-"
"You don't have to explain yourself Y/N. I get it. But are you sure this is what you wanna do? You don't wanna calm down a little-"
"I am calm." I said a bit more harshly then I intended.
"Yeah you are. I just meant like...settle down a little before you go back."
"I get what you mean sorry. And yes I'm sure."
"Well then let's go." Lily said as she shut the TV off and grabbed her jacket and car keys off the kitchen table.
We walked out the front door of the house while Lily locked the door as I walked to towards the car and sat in the passengers seat.
Not long after Lily got into the car, put the key in the ignition and began to drive off.
I told her my address,although I'm pretty sure she already knew it. I was staring out the window, watching familiar houses pass by, and waiting to see the one I dreaded and missed so much.
Lily looked at me a couple of times, but put her eyes back on the road.
"Y/N, it's okay to be nervous, but you shouldn't be. They're you're family. They're gonna love you no matter what ok? And if this Tate doesn't come back to you, he is out of his mind." She said smiling, and I threw a fake one back at her.
She's just saying this because she feels bad. This entire thing of her dressing me up and feeding me was out of guilt. I appreciate it though, I just wish it was more from the heart I guess.
The car stopped right in front of the house, I examined it. The upstairs lights were still on, but the downstairs lights were off.
Maybe they're not sleeping yet, but it's so early in the morning they have to be.
"You ready?" Lily said and I nodded my head.
We got out the car simultaneously, and closed the doors.  We walked up to the front door but, or at least that's what I thought. I was at the door and looked back, but Lily was still standing by the car.
"What are you doing?" I asked her, not really shouting because I didn't want anyone to come out f the house.
"Maybe I should stay here. This is in your hands now Y/N. You have to make things right." She said and I sighed. She was right.
I turned back around and stared at the doorbell. I reached my hand out to ring it, but I kept bringing it back down to my side. I was scared, and I didn't know what type of reaction I was bound to get.
"You can do this Y/N. You've come too far to just turn back now." Lily said to me.
I need to get this over it. Before I knew it I launched my finger towards the doorbell, hard. And we waited, and waited. And waited a little longer.
"I knew this would happen." I said frustrated.
I balled my hand into a fist and went to bang on the door, but it flew open.
"Y/N?"
Excuse grammar mistakes please! Thanks for reading make sure to vote and comment!!