All You Had To Do Was Stay 3

Let me remind you, this was what you wanted
You ended it
You were all I wanted
But not like this
Not like this
Not like this
Oh, all you had to do was stay

Hey, all you had to do was stay
Had me in the palm of your hand
Man, why'd you have to go and lock me out when I let you in
Stay, hey, now you say you want it
Back, now that it's just too late
Well could've been easy, all you had to do was stay

Hey, all you had to do was stay
Had me in the palm of your hand
Man, why you had to go and lock me out when I let you in
Stay, hey, now you say you want it
Back, now it's just too late
Well could've been easy all you had to do was stay

All you had to do was stay

I woke up to my cellphone ringing. I stretched and turned to the other side on my bed and tried to ignore the ringing. It stopped for about 15 seconds but started t ring again. I sighed and picked up my phone to see who was calling me. It was Evan. I ignored his call and looked at the time at the top of my screen. It was 2:45, why is he harassing me.
All of a sudden my doorbell started to ring. And again and again. I got out of bed and grabbed a random hoodie I saw on the floor. I put it on as I left out of my room and walked down the stairs. The doorbell ringing turned into knocks and they kept getting louder and louder. I got to the front door and looked through the peep hole. Are you serious?
I swung the door open and stared at  Evan as he stared back at me.
"Why the hell are you here?" I asked him tiredly as I scratched my head.
"Can I come in please?" Evan asked his voice cracking a little.
I just noticed his face was all puffy and his nose was pink.
"Evan-"
"You're wearing my hoodie." He said cutting me off slightly smiling.
I looked at him then looked down at the hoodie I threw on, then back at him. I put my arms across my chest and looked back at him.
"Ev just leave."
"I miss when you call me that. Y/N. I miss you-"
"Evan stop."
"Y/N-"
"No!" I shouted at him.
"I'm tired of all your bullshit Evan! I can't keep playing games with you!"
"Y/N there's no more games I made a mistake and I'm sorry!" Evan said raising his voice as he forced himself into my house, closing the door behind him.
"No Evan. Your not. See? This is what you do. You screw up, apologize. Then screw up, and apologize! And I'm sick of it!"
"Y/N-"
"No Evan! You come here begging for me to take you back but I think you forgot what happened! I think you forgot you ended it! I loved you Evan! You know that!"
"Baby I know what I did but I was stupid. I was an idiot! I am an idiot but I'm and idiot still in love with you!" Evan shouted and it my eyes start to sting. Nope I'm not gonna cry. I'm not gonna shed a single tear over him. Not anymore.
"If you love me. Why'd you do it? And don't you even dare say I don't know you bastard!" I shouted walking closer to him.
"I-I...Y/N I just needed some space-"
"From what?!" I yelled hitting his chest making him step back.
"I don't know-"
"You don't know." I said letting out a dry laugh.
Evan stepped closer and pressed his lips onto mine. This might sound cliché, but I felt a  spark of electricity explode through my body. I reluctantly started to kiss him back and he wrapped his arms around my waist as I ran my hands through his shaggy hair. I tugged his hair slightly and he smiled into the kiss.
This felt amazing, but i think my brain was starting register who this was. It was Evan. The guy who broke my heart over and over again. The guy who just showed up in my house, and thinks making out with me will make him seem like less of a horrible person.
I pulled away and turned away from him.
"Babe-"
"I'm not your babe stop calling me that." I said taking a deep breath and turning toward him.
"Evan you need to leave. And stay away from me." I said.
"Y/N please don't do this I love you I'll do anything to show you it to you-"
"And I'm sure you would. But I can't. I need to move on and you do to. Now leave." I said as I walked towards the door and held it open for him.
"Y/N-"
"Evan I will call the police I swear. Just leave don't make it harder than it has to be."
"Y/N please. I need you." Evan said as he hesitantly walked out the door but stood outside my doorframe.
"You could've had me Evan. It could've been easy too. All you had to do was stay."