CH 23

The boy continued to stare at the guard with a dark gaze ,lips formed in a line, indicating that what he said a while ago....was not a joke to laugh about!

"You..you mean you were adopted by the royal family of vampires? Seriously?" The guard asked backing off a little.

Jungkook's serious expression now changes...as he chuckled loudly adorning the pale cheeks with his bunny teeth.

"Bu..but how do they exist under the sunlight then?"

The boy straightened himself and cleared his throat as he proudly exclaimed ~

"I don't know about their evolution much actually. Um...when I was a child, I asked my Dimple hyungie about their clan but he himself doesn't know much.... he's a science believer and history isn't his thing.. but there's a thousands yrs old documentary in the library which is said to have mentioned secrets of the clan. It's name is like 'Behind the throne' ."

"Can you lend me the book for once? I mean...I'm curious an..." The guard's eyes lit up at the mention of the name.

"None of us are allowed to enter that chamber for some reason but since you requested.... I'll try Hobi" the boy smiled cutely but recalled something ~

"Let me tell you a secret.... there's a forbidden forest of 'Red Woods' three miles away from this palace. I accidentally went there but no one knows except my Beasty..."

"But you know why is that place forbidden?" The elder asked amused at how the little boy is confidently revealing everything he knows to a mere guard like him.

"I don't know but...."

"Because smeraldo flowers grow in it!"

The boy was taken aback. But he immediately pulled himself,eyes scanning through the other's orbs to detect what they hold but the guard spoke again~

"Ah... I'm just kidding boy. Anyways,you know about how vampires suck blood...like they really possess fangs?"the male questioned slightly bending on Jungkook's level.

"Oh about that..they don't suck blood anymore . You know how we humans have soju during any occasion? Vampires take a glass or two of that red liquid when they celebrate something....human blood has a lot of calories and my hyungs are health freaks."

"I see...do they have things like blood tolerance too?"

"My Minnie hyungie has high tolerance like he can sip two litres in one go!" The boy proudly exclaimed.

The older human didn't seem to be quite pleased with the reply. Scrunching his nose ,he called~
"I must stay away from your Minnie hyung then."

The boy was ready for a reply but suddenly his eyes locked at the behind of Jhope... something at his back startled him.

"You really should." The younger mumbled.

Noticing the change in the cheerful male,the guard turned back only to witness Kim Jimin approaching them with a clenched jaw.

The guard immediately bowed at ninety degree but the vampire didn't reciprocate and stepped closer.

"Identity card?"the vampire asked in a deep voice, screaming out the roughness of his personality.

The guard took out a card from his pocket and handed it to the owner of the mansion who scanned every details written on it silently.

"Hm....so you are that human bodyguard Sugar wanted. Who hired you?"

"Sir,I passed all the tests."

"Oh Really??" Jimin narrowed his eyes observing the features of the human and halted noticing a mark on his neck area below his left ears.