CH 37

"It wasn't me, Mom

"It wasn't me, Mom. It was Jungkook who was bathing." Jin says, his voice tinged with faux seriousness as he He points a finger at Jungkook with an exaggerated expression of innocence.

The lady arches an eyebrow at Jin, who squirms under her amused scrutiny.

"Well, well, well, Then what were you doing inside, my Jinnie? ," Mrs. Kim begins, her voice dripping with playful sarcasm, "Admiring yourself in front of the mirror or just giving the tiles a good scrub?"

Jin's cheeks flushed a bright shade of pink asl his mother's teasing hit its mark. Clearing his throat, he attempted to play it off, but the warmth in his cheeks betrayed his embarrassment, adding an extra layer of hilarity to the situation.

"I-I was kinda,uh, you know like, um helping . Yea, helping your Koo to shower. Otherwise he would have taken forever and you know how I hate wasting water right Eomma?"

Jungkook's eyes widened at the mockery, and he tilted his head to the side, a faint blush coloring his cheeks.

He then clasped his hands together, adopting an endearing puppy-dog expression, complete with a soft smile and gentle eyes.

"Eomma!" he chimed in, his voice laced with sweetness, "I won't say much but your ugly son is a stupid liar."

The lady pressed a chuckle before waving a hand to the smaller boy, asking him to sit beside her to which Jungkook immediately followed.

"My Kookie, you have grown paler in these days. Weren't you eating well in the forest? Don't worry, mamma is here and she'll keep you with her till you gain weight."

The taller male felt a panicking tug at his heartstrings assuming Jungkook would be carried away from him. His voice, laced with tender determination, rang out, "But Eomma, Jungkook doesn't need to gain a single pound. He's perfect just as he is, right here with me, uh,with us I mean."

Mrs. Kim's eyes twinkled mischievously, sensing Seokjin's protective instinct and seizing the chance for some playful banter.

"Oh, so you are you indirectly calling my Koo fat?" she exclaimed, feigning offense. she teased, a playful smirk dancing on her lips.

Caught in the midst of his mate's endearing defense and his Eomma's teasing, Jungkook couldn't help but quirk his eyebrows with an evident displeasure painted on the squished lips.

"So hyungie, you called me what?"

The elder male smiled in an attempt to calm the younger down but it only added more to the boy's rage.

"Choco, why will I call you fat huh? You already are -"

"Woah!" The boy sprang up from his seat and without a word swiftly closed the door behind him and made a dash to leave.

Jin called out urgently, his voice echoing with worry as he hurried towards the door.

"Perfect. I was saying perfect."