Chapter#4

Edited by InsertWeirdName

Mahnoor's POV:

"Assalam o Alaikum Ami." I said in a dull voice as I entered our house. I placed myself and my bag on the couch.

"Wallaikum Salam," said Ami, "Why such a gloomy face? Something happens?"

"Nah everything's fine." I replied, sighing "it's just that college is boring without Kanwal. Every day my eyes search for her, during our lunch break, our free time, every minute. She got married to that killer, I feel like" I paused to think of the correct word "it's ineffable, the feeling. All the girls in college keep saying ridiculous things about her. They don't have any idea how hard this was for her. Seriously, Ami, I will kill each one of those idiots one day, those good for nothing jerks."

"Beta (child), don't let their words bother you. You know the truth and that's what matters. You need to calm down, getting angry won't do any good."

"Yeah, I know." I sighed and got up to put my things in my room.

"Ami, does Auntie have any news from Kanwal?"

"No, no news at all. She is starting to get worried about her. It's been a month since she heard from her."

"I hope she is well." I mumbled walking away.

~*~

"I am hungry yar. Let's eat something before going to other shops please." I practically begged my friends.

We were shopping for the last four hours. We came to buy bags and scarf but our list kept exceeding every fifteen minutes but somehow I manage to drag everyone to the food court. After placing our orders I excused myself to go to the restroom.

On my way back, I saw Ahad talking to a few men. Our eyes met and he turned around to leave. I rushed towards him before he went out.

"Ahad" I called after him but was ignored "Wait, why are you running like a coward." He stopped and turned to me, frowning.

Bingo!

I knew it hit his so-called male ego.

"What do you want?" He seethed.

"Kanwal? How is she?" I asked without wasting a moment.

"Alive." Came his answer.

"What do you mean alive? What did you do to her?" I frowned.

"I didn't do anything." He looked like I was a nuisance.

"Then why don't you let her meet us or talk to us?" I questioned him, having enough of his attitude.

"Do you want to meet her?" I heard a deep masculine voice from somewhere behind me.

"Of course I want to meet... her." My loud voice became a whisper when I turned to the source of the voice and I felt my soul betraying my body that instant.

Moosa Khan!

He was here...

"I can take you." He offered.

To murder me? No thanks!

"No, no thanks. Kindly give me the address I will go by myself some other day."

Ya Allah, please make them go away.

Deep breathes, don't show any weakness...deep breathes, don't show any weakness. I kept repeating the mantra.

"What's the matter tigress? You're not going to meet your friend?" Ahad mocked me.

"Ahad! Don't tease her. She is already scared." Said the man with black hairs, standing near him.