Chapter#39

Mahnoor's POV:

Sitting in the living room, I was staring into space and praying that Moosa wakes up soon. Normally, he'd get up before me but I think he planned on sleeping more today. I didn't have any problem with his sleep but I am hungry and there was nothing in the kitchen to eat. Why did he bring me to such a place...?

Moosa's phone rang and I ran into the room before he picks it up and slams it into the wall again as he did once before. Shahina told me that he often does that whenever he is very sleepy or sick. Later, he tends to get angry at others for calling him.

He is really weird!

Since then, I put his phone at a table on my side of the bed because I am not capable of handling his anger and I didn't like when people destroy things like that.

'Hello, Assalam o Alaikum!' I picked the call when I see Owais was calling.

At least I can ask him to send something to eat...

"Bhabi? Wallaikum Assalam. Where is Bhai?" He asked.

"Um... He is sleeping." I glanced at him.

"Sleeping??? At this time? Bhabi ...did he take medicine before sleeping?"

"Huh? What medicine?"

What was he talking about???

"Ah... he had a fever last night. I hardly manage to convince him to go see a doctor and now you're telling me he didn't take medicine."

I quickly checked his forehead.

He is burning!

"Wh-what should I do? He still has a high fever."

"Give him something to eat and then some medicine."

"There isn't anything here. Can't we take it at home?"

"NO!" He shouted.

"I mean no. I'll ask the cook to make something for Moosa Bhai and you and send it. You just make sure to give him medicine after that, okay?"

"Okay!"

"Call me if you need anything. Allah Hafiz."

"Allah Hafiz!" I silent his phone and put it on the side.

I came back into the living room and picked his coat which he threw on the sofa to find his medicine and soon find it with his wallet.

It's heavy ... but who puts their wallet in a coat???

My Papa's wallet was never this heavy, nor was Bhai's. I knew it because Bhai always asked me to find his wallet and keys because he put it in their 'place'.

I shrugged and put it back but something forced me to pull it out again. I already got the medicine but still, I was checking his wallet. I didn't know what I was looking for and what I would do if I find something.

Money, credit card, business card, another business card, another card, card... card... card... what's this?

I quickly took out a small golden thing which turned out to be a gold earring. It looked like a little girl's but why was he keeping it? Does it belong to someone special?

Someone from his family... sister or... daughter???

But... It couldn't belong to his daughter, could it? I mean, he didn't look like a father... On the second thought, there was a possibility. I didn't know his background and I have heard about the early marriages in Pathan families...